Thread: I need serious help. Schecter c1 plus

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need serious help. Schecter c1 plus

I might be buying a schecter C1 plus, has anyone played that model? People have said teh pickups are terrible but i dont know there are also alof of good reveiws, well im back and forth on this one constantly. I am buying it used off line, and getting it for 250. Should I save up for a diffrent guitar? My styles i play are Classic rock, grunge,blues,hard rock, and metal. Im at a crossroads on if i should save or buy, anyone have any suggestions?
    Random Gear
    Ibanez S470(sold)
    Fender Strat MIM (sold)
    Ibanez Iceman ic300(sadly sold)
    Ibanez Iceman X
    Squier afinity strat
    Fender 12 String Acoustic
    Conn 12 String Acoustic
    Old 70's Tiesco Electric
    Old Silvertone steel Guitar (50's)
    Samick Bass stingray copy
    Fender bassman (73)
    Peavey Bandit 112 (sold)
    Jordan entertainer 110 (72)
    Fender usa strat (stolen)

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme (Qotsa)

Post Thanks / Like

Grungeiceman, that is a guitar that has a US retail price of 819 usd (probably much cheaper at stores such as GC). The HB-102 is the duncan design version of the Jazz + JB set and they sound very close to the real deal. I havent played the plus model but Schecter guitars are very well built, and this guitar could probably turn out to be a friend for life!

I love my C1-Elite! So I can highly recommend a C-series guitar to anyone looking for a quality axe.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grungeiceman
    I might be buying a schecter C1 plus, has anyone played that model? People have said teh pickups are terrible but i dont know there are also alof of good reveiws, well im back and forth on this one constantly. I am buying it used off line, and getting it for 250. Should I save up for a diffrent guitar? My styles i play are Classic rock, grunge,blues,hard rock, and metal. Im at a crossroads on if i should save or buy, anyone have any suggestions?
    I have the C-1+ and really like it. Great neck, sounds good, and has the flexibility of the coil split tone pots. I don't think you would regret the purchase.

Alex
    '71 Martin D-18
    Agile AL-2000
    Epi Elitist LP "Tak"
    Epi Sheraton 2
    Fender Standard Strat (MIM)
    G&L ASAT Classic Bluesboy
    Schecter C-1+
    SX STL50 (Tele clone)
    Washburn WI66PRO

Post Thanks / Like

I owned a C1+ and liked it, but there were some problems for me. It is a 24 3/4 scale (Gibson scale) with 24 frets. This forces frets 20-24 to be closer together than on a 25.5 scale guitar. I found that these frets were almost unplayable or took too much effort to play and detracted from my speed and accuracy playing in that register. Also, I noticed the same problem mentioned about the pickups - they were thin, weak, and needed immediate replacement, and I am not a pickup snob by any means. Mine cost $349.00 used at GC, and it was in new condition. I returned it and bought a PRS Custom SE and haven't looked back since.
    Guitars: Ibanez SCA220BP, Modded Squier Bullet Strat, Ibanez ARX100CA

Amps:
    G-DEC 30

Videos/messing around with gear:
    http://www.youtube.com/wwwdwhite
    My Music:
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=498962