Thread: You and Me

Post Thanks / Like

Default You and Me

If anyone has the time, I just finished writing and recording this lil pop song. I would appreciate any feedback..

Thanks

You and Me
    lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=5696650&q=lo
    hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=5696650&q=hi

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I think you would do the song justice if you increase the tempo just a little bit. Other than that ... not bad.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Another one for the headphones... like listening to the parts that way...pulling in from different sides.. mean distortion on those licks... I think ya got a great rough voice.. and pretty darn good lyricist imho... keep them comming man..they are good tunes to listen to... thanks for sharing!

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Personally I think you would do the song justice if you increase the tempo just a little bit. Other than that ... not bad.
    Sure sounds like a lot of work though.. I could increase the drums, but for everything else like Bass and Keys vocals and single hits, I would have to
    re-record.

ACK...

Thanks for your time and ear!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Another one for the headphones... like listening to the parts that way...pulling in from different sides.. mean distortion on those licks... I think ya got a great rough voice.. and pretty darn good lyricist imho... keep them comming man..they are good tunes to listen to... thanks for sharing!
    Thanks.. you've always been very suportive!

Post Thanks / Like

My take:
    I like the vocal and tempo. A bit Dylanesque and a fair bit like Lou Reed. Your delivery is nice that way, kinda conversational and rap like. That's a good thing.
    Guitar-wise, if it was me, I'd back off on the gain and effects on the lead instruments and focus on the groove you're creating with the rhythm and vocal. It's got a nice sort of loose and cool feel, and I think a less overdriven sort of lead part would be good.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

It has a great vibe dude and the composition is good more of a mixing issue than anything else but hey I never took sound engineering 101 either, my recordings have issues too so just tinker and have a glass of wine works for me
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Post Thanks / Like

I like the song, the melody line is very good. I dont like that raw guitar though... turn down the DS and it will be much better sounding. Keep it up!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helliott
    My take:
    I like the vocal and tempo. A bit Dylanesque and a fair bit like Lou Reed. Your delivery is nice that way, kinda conversational and rap like. That's a good thing.
    Guitar-wise, if it was me, I'd back off on the gain and effects on the lead instruments and focus on the groove you're creating with the rhythm and vocal. It's got a nice sort of loose and cool feel, and I think a less overdriven sort of lead part would be good.

Good advice to take heed of!

Thanks man!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeusse
    It has a great vibe dude and the composition is good more of a mixing issue than anything else but hey I never took sound engineering 101 either, my recordings have issues too so just tinker and have a glass of wine works for me

My only problem, is I have enough wine to where it starts sounding good.. then the next day I listen and think 'would one more, or one less wine of helped'.. *G*

Thanks for your time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    I like the song, the melody line is very good. I dont like that raw guitar though... turn down the DS and it will be much better sounding. Keep it up!
    Thanks my friend.. I will take your advice to heed pending the re-mix.

Appreciate your time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 333maxwell
    My only problem, is I have enough wine to where it starts sounding good.. then the next day I listen and think 'would one more, or one less wine of helped'.. *G*

Thanks for your time!
    FYI, the correct answer: One More.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    FYI, the correct answer: One More.
    I kind of come from that same school! *G*