Thread: EZdrummer for recording

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default EZdrummer for recording

Have you tried it? It is a drum tool for a recording program like Cubase, Logic, etc. See http://www.toontrack.com/ezdrummer.asp

Looks like a great product. Easy to get some good grooves going.

(Interesting tidbit: I kind of know the guys who started it all. I've played with them when I was younger, we come from the same town.)

See a demo on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpw8rNZ2xVA

I think I'm gonna buy and start creating better backing tracks, and real songs even!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks great, I've been seriously considering EZ drummer for a while but my PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements - I believe it's quite memory intensive & I can't afford a new PC at the moment
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

I see, I'd better check the requirements.

I hear that the bfd Fxpansion is a really great tool too. Supposed to be more flexible and better sounds, but if that's true maybe it would be harder to use?

Yet another one would be Addictive Drums, see

In case anyone know more about these products, please chime in.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think the minimum requirements say 512MB of memory but I read on some forums that you need at least 1GB to run EZ drummer smoothly.

I currently use Jamstix from www.rayzoon.com - not the most easy to use and you really need to buy expansion packs to get good sounding kits.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

That is a pretty good program. Lot of good stuff for practicing

Hey Ted ... check out the "Cow Bell" under the MP3 demos.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

I have EZ Drunmmer and BFD they are both great programs you wont be dissappointed. With BFG I use my Korg control pad to actually drum in my own parts.
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, is it true that BFD has better all-around sounds, and that EZdrummer by default only works for rock music? I read people commenting that for blues and jazz, the EZdrummer sounds are not so good, whereas the BFD can do many more styles than EZdrummer, sound wise.

Which one is easier to work with? Which one do you prefer?

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried Ezdrummer, pretty good tool! The vintage drum kit sounds much better for my kind of music. The default sounds are too "rocky" and punchy for me. Great program though, but for me I'd have to get that vintage kit, which means extra costs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Hey Ted ... check out the "Cow Bell" under the MP3 demos.
    Cool, I'm going to have to capture that one ! thanks Tim
    I'm think'n I need a cowbell smiley.