Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Pic's of our latest gig! (Dial up FTL!)

Thread: Pic's of our latest gig! (Dial up FTL!)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pic's of our latest gig! (Dial up FTL!)

We were told about a bar looking for rock bands....so we go down there on thurs. and hand them our promo pack....listen to the band that is playing -the same band that was gonna play on friday night....all covers and yawn amounts of energy if you know what I mean...but they were a juke box...had about 60 songs in their book so a good amount of sets. We have about 1hr and 20 mins of original music AND covers combined....we do Crossroads and Fire/Hendrix and one Thin lizzy cover. We were stopped going out of the door by the manager and asked to come in and play in place of this band on friday. Fun fun fun....we got paid 700USD for our "gig".....NO ONE showed up hardly (we had literally 19 hours notice to promote; we drew in about 40 people), but the people who did loved it. Our Bassist's wife snagged these pics. Enjoy.

If your interested to hear our sound......

www.myspace.com/secondchanceateden

Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats! Good to hear!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome...and I'm so jealous. Keep it up.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like fun was enjoyed by all. GAS money is always a necessity. I hope you get more gigs.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

That is awesome. That Delta Blues looks great on stage! Rock on.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Dontcha just love getting paid for something you'd probably be doing for free anyway!! Good on ya!

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That Delta Blues does look awesome. Good rockin guitar stance too. Hey, what guitar is that you are playing? Is it your Epi Special? It doesn't look like you cool modded strat. I have not heard as much about that Epi Special guitar.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    That Delta Blues does look awesome. Good rockin guitar stance too. Hey, what guitar is that you are playing? Is it your Epi Special? It doesn't look like you cool modded strat. I have not heard as much about that Epi Special guitar.
    Yeah....thats my epi......and it sings.

It has some real fun mods done to it. A seymour duncan pearly gates in the bridge (super lead tone when played through the Delta.) and a alnico 2 flat strat pro by Duncan as well. 300K Gibson pots, an allparts roller nut, Dunlop 6150 jumbos were installed, then dressed to thirty thousandths, sperzel locking tuners, I also wet sanded the back of the neck to get that satin finish on it. Graphtech saddles....and the thing that makes it sound like a set neck guitar.....

There is a brass plate under the neck that is set into the neck pocket, and doing that made the epi STAND OUT.

Thank you all for your support. My band is probably playing a summer festival in New York state in a few weeks. Our booking agent is really starting to stick his neck out and get us some top notch gigs, but he gets 15% of our cut.....ya gotta pay to play. Here is some better pics of my other baby.

Another thing of note....I put the salesmen of this guitar (at guitar center) through HELL!....I was picking one up that they had on display and he comes over to me and says "looking for a guitar to smash onstage?".....I asked him how many he had in stock......"around 30 of em'....why do you ask?"...then I drop the bad news I'm looking for a guitar to mod the hell out of. I played each guitar - took about two hours to narrow down....and checked em out to find the best one with the straightest neck and what not. He earned his commission that day, but he got a pretty big chunk as I bought a case and the guitar as well.

This one is before the fret dress.....

This pic is before the knobs were switched out, a gibson switch was put in, AND the sperzels were on it also.....this was right after I got the pups and pots in.
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Post Thanks / Like

That's one great looking axe, man. Congrats, I hope it keeps getting better and better for you and the band. Rock on!!!
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

nice pics man, I hope nothing but the best for you guys!
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, $700 US for under 90 minutes of tunes is great money! Score!

Btw, in some venues, especially for bands playing a lot of or exclusively original music, 40 people is not at all a bad crowd.

Wish I could get 40 people out to see my bands!

Those are some neat mods on the Epi.

Post Thanks / Like

Its great money...I realize that.....AND 40 people is kinda a lot for a small town (musically)...esp. since the west side of cincy is all cover band bars.....once we have are van - that were picking up tomorrow - were gonna be getting as many out of town gigs as possible. Things are looking up. AND if everything goes right we hope to get hooked up with the band Priestess....thats a dream to go on tour with them and Wolfmother. It would be the retro-rock tour to end all tours. ude: