Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
"With this amph I get no screaming solos" - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "With this amph I get no screaming solos"

Post Thanks / Like

This thread brings tears to my eyes.

I was a lurker at the time that SS first posted this. I joined in March 2006.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh gosh its that time of the year again when we have to *bump* the "With this amph I get no screaming solos" thread, just in case anyone of our new members have missed it and dont understand why a fret.net amp is spelled amph. God bless brother Dustin, and may his solos scream for many years to come!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, makes my comment to Eric easier to understand and saves me the trouble of trying to explain it and risk something being lost as the story is passed on.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for bumping this one! Never saw it before. Now I see, said the blind man...Explains alot! Great stuff! :
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone else think this guy sounds like a guitar store employee? putting one amp down to make you buy an MG?
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    me too....classic!

would make a great signature!

ww
    Lemme be the first ;-)
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Now I understand the whole "amph" thing. I had been under the assumption that it was just an elitist way of standing out from all the other forums.

Awesome!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    Now I understand the whole "amph" thing. I had been under the assumption that it was just an elitist way of standing out from all the other forums.

Awesome!
    When I first saw it being used, I thought it was European spelling - you know, humour.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    When I first saw it being used, I thought it was European spelling - you know, humour.
    Yeah, those crazy Europeans...do they drop "k"s too? The nobs on my amph go to 11. Fantastiche!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

im european (British) and i dont drop my Ks or talk like that, ive been told i talk and act posh.

none of this slang rubbish.
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    Yeah, those crazy Europeans...do they drop "k"s too? The nobs on my amph go to 11. Fantastiche!

If we do make TheFret t-shirts we have to have them say

"With this amph I get no screaming solos"

on the back.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard

If we do make TheFret t-shirts we have to have them say

on the back.
    Or more simply "It's spelled AMPH!"
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Haha!

I just wonder why he need a "screaming solos amph" when he plays Steely Dan songs...

Three letters: L S D

Lucy In The Sky With diamonds?

i think Walter Becker would have done some good 'screaming' solos if he'd wanted to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Or more simply "It's spelled AMPH!"
    That'd do.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Ahaha

Really a priceless one.

BTW Ibanezjunkie, here in Finland as well as in Britain/UK it's my understanding its pretty easy to spot from one's speech whereabouts he or she is from. I can tell a person is from any of the 5 regions of Finland in just a few words. Same as you can usually spot a Londoner with not a lot of d's in the words etc...not so easy in the U.S. although I can usually guess who's Californian from their nasality and a Texan very often too...and was it in Philly where people seemed to swallow all the K's...but not that often these traits translate to written language.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

the UK has 4 parts:

England
    Scotland
    Wales
    Northern Ireland

every seems to think all english people talk cockney/with a london accent when most of us sound very simelar some some american/canadian people. Dave carrol who did the united hates guitars vid has a similar voice to the voices around here.

scottish people have a an unusual prenounciation of some letters, giving them a very disitinct accent, so does N. Irish people and Welsh people have a very exhasperated tone of voice, which usually comes across as very camp.

theres a whole bunch of regional accents within england, northern accent, west country or 'farmer' accents, etc.

but none of us talk like the guy in the review =]

Post Thanks / Like

When both you guys start saying "amph" instead of just spelling it that way then everyone will know exactly where you are from...thefret.net.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I always wondered...rotflmao doesn't quite describe my reaction....hilarious !!! X2 on the T-shirt idea...!!!

“Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

on the back.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea it's gotta be on the back of the T's : Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast