Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
Sweet jesus.. I´ve been reading Yamaha JX reviews again.. Here is a JX40 review that really explains more about these amazing screaming solo amps!

Product: Yamaha JX40 112 Combo
Price Paid: USD 100
Submitted 08/21/2007 at 03:03am by BlueTim

Features : 8
I`ll buy this amp late 80`s (600mk = 100 eur), when it was one year old. So...amp was made -81 or -82.
Amp has two channel and headphone jack. I used amp for training, recording, some jam-sessions and few gigs.
In gigs you haven??t easy way changed distr./clean sound, that??s why amp has some limited use on stage.

Sound Quality : 9
Clean is little bit thin or weak and not so bright for gigs. For recording and training it works good enough.
Amp has great distrotion and when use with some good pedal (Ibanez tubescream), it has very good sound. I find some recordings quite good distr. sound then back to the 80`s.
Amp does the job on gigs, but then you have use microphone and PA-system. Alone amp is too weak for pop/rock.

Reliability : 8
Amp was couple years in store and doesn??t work at all, when I try it. But local music store has good worker who repair the amp quite minium cost.
Potentiometer must use electric spray...

But amp has work over twenty years guite well.

Customer Support : No Opinion

Overall Rating : 8
I sold amp little time ago. It has good for training and maybe(?) recording, but nowdays you can get much better amp for rec.
Nowdays amp has vintage-model-like and does the job also for little gigs in right kind music.
What..What..I understanded him perfectly! I didn't cee watt the big deel is all abut! southern or nut!

u guys are crul!!