Thread: Oregon - For Your Viewing and Listening Pleasure

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oregon - For Your Viewing and Listening Pleasure

Oregonians have a lot to be thankful for

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ihV-ddTPvBQ

Post Thanks / Like

I love Oregon. I'm going to buy a holiday cottage there sometime in the not too distant future. I wish Bend, OR were about 2 hours closer to me because I'd love to get a place there.
    Thanks for the video.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i used to live there during law school. At first, I missed Puget Sound so much, I wished the ice age had lasted longer. But I sure grew to appreciate it. Nice place! Before we decided to move to SV, we considered Hood River or somewhere near.

I especially like Portland, (though it needs salt water), the Bend area, including Sisters, and the coast. I would like to explore the Blues more too. We drive through them every time we drive back to Tacoma from Hailey.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that, Ron.

Like Steve, I missed the Puget Sound a lot when I moved here from Washington. I do still miss the saltwater, but we're only an hour from the coast, an hour from Portland, an hour from Eugene and an hour from Bend. It's a pretty good central location.

There's still a lot of my adopted state that I need to experience. We live within 30 minutes of approximately 40 wineries (something like that, anyway). I need to do a winery tour one of these days.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    Thanks for that, Ron.

Like Steve, I missed the Puget Sound a lot when I moved here from Washington. I do still miss the saltwater, but we're only an hour from the coast, an hour from Portland, an hour from Eugene and an hour from Bend. It's a pretty good central location.

There's still a lot of my adopted state that I need to experience. We live within 30 minutes of approximately 40 wineries (something like that, anyway). I need to do a winery tour one of these days.
    Sean, I bet I've seen more of the state than you!

Quick inventory:

Coast from WA to Lincoln City.

Medford.

Bend (several times).

Crater Lake.

Baker City.

Hood River and general Columbia Gorge area (most of the waterfalls).

Of course Monmouth, Salem, Portland, etc.