Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Pulled the trigger!! 18-watter!!

Thread: Pulled the trigger!! 18-watter!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pulled the trigger!! 18-watter!!

I finally did it, and just ordered one of these today:

http://www.sligoamps.com/html/amps/bluesbreaker.html

My Valvetronix amps have served me well, but I really have been dying for some good tube tone at a reasonable cost, with low wattage and quality.
    My strats can't wait!!
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, you will have fun with dat one!

How long before you get it?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Good score. Those Sligo amps look like an outstanding value.

I plan to go for an 18-watter in early 2008--but it'll be a kit, 'cuz I want to try building it myself.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

woohoo.. you rich 18 watter guys... enjoy it.. hope to hear some clips out of it..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Right on! Fill us in on it when you have had time to get to know it, please.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Congrats, you will have fun with dat one!

How long before you get it?
    It will take about 3 weeks...he has everything there, he just has two orders ahead of mine. It doesn't seem like he deals with a real high volume which is a plus, and the price was the best I could find.

The reviews I've read about these amps are pretty good. I actually have him building a 2 x 12 version of the mini bluesbreaker, which should be pretty cool.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Good score. Those Sligo amps look like an outstanding value.

I plan to go for an 18-watter in early 2008--but it'll be a kit, 'cuz I want to try building it myself.
    I had considered building one, but I'm not real good with the soldering iron. I can rewire a guitar, but an amp...I don't think I could without frying myself and all the circuits in the house

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks sweet - congrats. I'd never heard of these amps before - I wonder if there's an Irish connection (Sligo is a county on the west coast).
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Congaratulations!
    18 watters are so good sounding.....
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I took a peek and 3 days later I'm getting ready to order a Tweed Deluxe 5e3. Figured my wife would say,"You don't need that!" but instead she said " What will you do with this one?", pointing to the Blues Junior. WHich I heard as, " Buy it baby! BUY IT!" Thanks TS!
    Might forget your birthday, might not tell you that your pretty, but baby that dont mean that I ain't been thinkin bout me...

www.myspace.com/jamieoue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie O
    I took a peek and 3 days later I'm getting ready to order a Tweed Deluxe 5e3. Figured my wife would say,"You don't need that!" but instead she said " What will you do with this one?", pointing to the Blues Junior. WHich I heard as, " Buy it baby! BUY IT!" Thanks TS!
    Excellent!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just pulled my trigger as well! In the words of Eugene Crabs, "WHERE'S ALL ME MUNNY!?!?!?"

I cant wait!
    Might forget your birthday, might not tell you that your pretty, but baby that dont mean that I ain't been thinkin bout me...

www.myspace.com/jamieoue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie O
    Just pulled my trigger as well! In the words of Eugene Crabs, "WHERE'S ALL ME MUNNY!?!?!?"

I cant wait!
    Congrats!! Did you get it from the same company?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TS808
    Congrats!! Did you get it from the same company?
    Yup, The Tweed Deluxe 5e3 18 watt. Can't wait! I know it's gonna sound good, but I gotta confess, I've wanted a tweed amp for so long that I'd have bought a tweed Gorilla if they made one. I'm a bigger dork than I even suspected.:

www.myspace.com/jamieoue