Thread: On The Road Again Backing Track etc..

Post Thanks / Like

Default On The Road Again Backing Track etc..

Well, those that have BIAB and wondering how to make backings.. I kinda tried myself and found a few easy ways.. plus adjusting styles for yourself and something I didn't realize... If you also have a sequencing program you can set your soundcard to MIDI record and record from BIAB straight to the sequencer (Adobe Audition for me) and it sounds pretty rich even being Midi...

I put a file up on savefile.com (about 7 megs with the half speed mp3 in there) which has 2 midi, 1 bandinabox song and 1 style and 2 mp3 backings (one full speed one half speed making it a bit large but easy to practice too) plus the tab and info file for the Willie Nelson song On The Road again... heck I guess I got feeling country waiting on a tele... hope this might help someone besides me.. I had to learn again to finger A the better way 234 fingering in place of 123 fingering and this helped me alot.. I enjoyed figuring some things out...

on the road again file location (UPDATED: smaller ZIP less Half speed MP3)
    http://www.savefile.com/files/5929744

Midi preview attached here I think..(OOPS MID not a valid format.. get the zip) I believe the MP3 conversions sound much richer but not perfect... please comments welcomed if im headed the right way or not!!

Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; February 14th, 2006 at 11:32 AM.

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Not bad at all! However, I think the bass volume was a bit high in the MP3 conversion. In BIAB it sounded great, and with additional instruments as well!

Keep it up!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Swede... Yeah the Bass... if ya noticed it's the quietest of the group volume wise in BIAB... I took it down to 40 but then thought maybe it was just me.. sigh.. lol... I just couldn't settle on which one to use there.. Glad you mentioned it..I like the drums and even their piano sounds but can't settle on a Bass at all.. I really was wondering if it got louder in the mp3 or I was going crazy... well.. ok we dont need to comment on the crazy part... over all I was pleased with it.. even made me watch the Highwaymen DVD again..
    Thanks again Swede..always count on you...
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; February 14th, 2006 at 09:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like that "Highwayman" song...
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I really like Willie and his Nylon string guitar Trigger... Wish I knew a cheap alternative Nylon/Electric to "Pretend" I sound like him... to hard to figure which one of the cheap ones is worth it to try..

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up UPDATED: Smaller zip

Well, Seeing I thought the Bass was High and Swede was kind enough to download it and confirm my thoughts I re-did the zip less the half speed MP3 so its down to 2.32 mb ... sounds a little cleaner on bass.. adjusted the STY file as well.. heck Swede I think your the only one that looked this quick anyways..heh.. thanks again

http://www.savefile.com/files/5929744

Post Thanks / Like

Np, I will download the new file and check it out as well...