Thread: Boss GT-8

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Boss GT-8

Anyone ever used one of these??
    I've been toying with the idea of getting a new multiFX unit and I think I've narrowed it down to a Tonelab and a BOSS GT-8. The reviews of both units are very good. The possibilities with the Boss seem endless - this review is very impressive:

- Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

The GT-8 is a fantastic sounding unit, I also want to recommend that you check out the desktop unit GS-10

http://rolandus.com/products/product...x?ObjectId=607
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks SS, do you have any opinion on how the distortions on the GT-8 compare with the tonelab? From the reviews I've read so far it seems the GT-8 has the best overall FX but limited useable distorted tones and the Tonelab has great crunchy tones but limited FX options.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

The tonelab is much better when it comes to amp sim, distorsion and so on. However, all modulation effects are better on the Boss. IF you are looking for a recording device, I would recommend the tonelab. But if you want a multi effects unit that you intend to connect directly to a amp, I would recommend the GT8.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009