Thread: Gibson 57 Classic P/U

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gibson 57 Classic P/U

G'day All!

I was out the other night at a local guitar shop buying strings when I noticed they had a Gibson Classic 57 P/U in the showcase .

It had been reduced in price as it had been sold, and returned unused. I'm not sure if it would have made a difference anyway, as I don't think there's too much to go wrong with them.

I decided before buying, I'd go home and do a quick internet search to make sure there wasn't a specific Bridge/Neck model. (There isn't)

I returned shortly after and purchased it, and was able to find time to install it last night.

I put it in the neck position of my Epiphone LP. First impression was that it was a definate improvement over the US made 50SR model it replaced. Not that the stock P/U was bad, it was just a bit lacking in clarity.

I'm going to give it a few days, then I'll do my best to post a review of my thoughts on the pickup. I'll set the intonation tonight, and give the new strings a chance to settle.

There are endless choices for pickups out there, but I think this P/U will do nicely for providing a nice clean rhythm tone. :

Cheers everyone!
    Last edited by Algonquin; September 12th, 2007 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus