Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time

Post Thanks / Like

The sexagesimal (base-60) divisions of units of angles (one circle = 6*60 degrees, 1 degree = 60 minutes of arc, 1 minute of arc = 60 seconds of arc) and time (1 hour = 60 minutes, 1 minute = 60 seconds) are ultimately based on practices of the ancient Babylonians, who used base 60 for all of their calculations. Their divisions of time and angle were copied by the ancient Greeks, and theirs by the Romans, and we inherited them from the Romans. The 24 hours of a day come from the ancient Egyptians, who divided both the day and the night into 12 equal parts.

And I also believe I read someplace that T2TB stood for R2D2 but that was from a galaxy far far away...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice stuff there Justaguy. You must of paid attention in school when the teachers taught you. It was kind of you to share your knowledge with us. Now I understand the whole time - relative quantum theory thing.

I want to thank T2TB for the question and Einstein for equation explanation.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    And I also believe I read someplace that T2TB stood for R2D2 but that was from a galaxy far far away...
    Now, THAT'S the important part.

And just remember, it was Einstein who discovered, "It's all relative!"
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Heyyy I knew someone would know where it all started.....thanks Justa. Beep Bloop Blapp...Beep. Wer-er wer-er (R2 sounds).

This is my favorite Einstein quote -

"The years of searching in the dark for the truth that one feels but cannot express, the intense desire and the alternations of confidence and misgivings until one breaks through the clarity and understanding are known only to him who has himself experienced them." - A. Einstein
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    This is my favorite Einstein quote -

"The years of searching in the dark for the truth that one feels but cannot express, the intense desire and the alternations of confidence and misgivings until one breaks through the clarity and understanding are known only to him who has himself experienced them." - A. Einstein
    Actually, I have a couple of favorites -

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith."

- both, A. Einstein
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Dang! I don't post for a coupla days and y'all are getting all philomosophomocal on me! Impressive to say the least.

And here I was, thinking "Time" was created by Pink Floyd...
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    In the same vein.....why is a complete circle 360 degrees? Why isn't it 400 degrees? Who makes up these absolutes?

Do we see colors or taste food the same way as the next person?.......
    Red is gray, and yellow white, but we decide which is right....Moody Blues.
    I'll try one of those "yellow submarines" thanks. They taste just like chicken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guild6
    Red is gray, and yellow white, but we decide which is right....Moody Blues.
    :
    Quoted from "Days of Future Pass" - The Moody Blues! They are my favorite band.
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to pop in one of my favorite lines. Although it's not the Moody Blues, it's a line that grabbed me from PF Dark Side of the Moon

And all you touch and all you see
    Is all your life will ever be.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Just wanted to pop in one of my favorite lines. Although it's not the Moody Blues, it's a line that grabbed me from PF Dark Side of the Moon

And all you touch and all you see
    Is all your life will ever be.

Those early progressive rock bands came up with a lot of good one liners. It must have been the drugs that enhanced the brian cells.
    Guitars:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12