Thread: guitar built in effects boards

Post Thanks / Like

Default guitar built in effects boards

me and my friends were walking home from school, talking about the common thing we all love, guitar, when talk came of guitar effects, in small boards that can be placed into a guitar. which of course got me thinking, If I could get a schematic of a good overdrive pedal (or the one my father made) , and simplify it enough so that I could make a board out of it I could put it into the strat I just made, which I WILL post pics of when I find a digital camera. Anyways, I was justlooking on guitarfetish when I came upon this:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/anammotuampa.html

from what I've heard, this is all analog (which I feel sounds better), pretty cheap, and has four models too, great for when I want metal overdrive ude: Vs. vintage rock (like the who, pink floyd or rush, which are my three favourite bands), I just want some opinions on these.

ps. the strat, although cheap, after some work, sounds and feels surprisingly good,: although I will be upgrading the pickups soon with GFS standard texas style, if somebody has reviews or opinions, please comment in this thread .
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

I remember... waaaaaay back, when I was in high school, the other guitar player on the band had a Les Paul type guitar with built in effects. It had compression, overdrive and chorus (?) IIRC.

It was very handy and I always thought it was a good idea, for a giging guitar!

So more power to you mate, hope this project works out fine for you!
    Gearlist:
    Guitars
    - Kramer Pacer Deluxe (’87) with SD pickups
    - EBMM 25th Anniversary hardtail
    - EBMM Axis Super Sport hardtail
    - Squier CV Tele (Reliced!)
    - "Relic Wallpaper Squier ’51 (heavily modded)
    - Custom made Precision type bass with EMG pickup and custom paintjob

Amps
    - THD Univalve
    - Tech21 Trademark 10
    - 2x12” Tube Town "flexi-back" cabinet, with Celestion Speakers

Effects, etc
    Peterson Strobostomp, Budda Bud-wah, BYOC Script Phaser, Proco RAT (original), Boss HM-2 (modded), EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Line6 M13 Stompbox Modeller, Axon AX-100 MkII, Digitech GSP1101/Control2

Visit my page on myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/thegenusloci

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe an Electra? They were popular around that time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELECTRA-MPC-Elec...QQcmdZViewItem
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Maybe an Electra? They were popular around that time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELECTRA-MPC-Elec...QQcmdZViewItem
    Dunno, it was an exact copy of the Les Paul Standard ("correct" headstock and all) and had the effects pots/switches on the area behind the tailpiece. There was a frame of sorts around those.
    Gearlist:
    Guitars
    - Kramer Pacer Deluxe (’87) with SD pickups
    - EBMM 25th Anniversary hardtail
    - EBMM Axis Super Sport hardtail
    - Squier CV Tele (Reliced!)
    - "Relic Wallpaper Squier ’51 (heavily modded)
    - Custom made Precision type bass with EMG pickup and custom paintjob

Amps
    - THD Univalve
    - Tech21 Trademark 10
    - 2x12” Tube Town "flexi-back" cabinet, with Celestion Speakers

Effects, etc
    Peterson Strobostomp, Budda Bud-wah, BYOC Script Phaser, Proco RAT (original), Boss HM-2 (modded), EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Line6 M13 Stompbox Modeller, Axon AX-100 MkII, Digitech GSP1101/Control2

Visit my page on myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/thegenusloci