Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Tech 21 Sansamp GT2

Thread: Tech 21 Sansamp GT2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tech 21 Sansamp GT2

I´ve been a fan of the Sansamp product line for many years, even though I never actually owned a Sansamp before. I have borrowed a Sansamp Classic a few times in the past for recording purposes and I really love the fat analogue sound that the F.E.T transistor produces. I want to build a 100% analogue sound chain to compliment my existing PodXT.
    So I ordered a Sansamp GT-2 today! :

DAMN its hard to wait for stuff!

I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder why they play Joe Satriani's Houseful Of Bullets for the demo. I'll bet he didn't use a Sansamp to track that song.

SS. Got GAS?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I wonder why they play Joe Satriani's Houseful Of Bullets for the demo. I'll bet he didn't use a Sansamp to track that song.

SS. Got GAS?
    I´ve got the Fedex Truck Syndrome.

I think that Joe Satriani is featured on the Sansamp user list, but I dont know if he uses one on that track. Clawfinger uses Sansamp all the time, and if you listen to "nigger" (yes, a Anti-rascist song) you can hear the Sansamp in full glory.

G.A.S ... well just a little
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Tech 21 make good amps too, they are modeling amps, aren't they? I've heard lots of good comments about them.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I had one of those a while back, and I thought it sounded very good. The Boogie and Marshall sounds are very convincing when put on tape. I didn't think the Tweed setting sounded much like a 50s tweed amp, but I thought it did sound pretty good in its own right.

Tung

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    I´ve been a fan of the Sansamp product line for many years, even though I never actually owned a Sansamp before. I have borrowed a Sansamp Classic a few times in the past for recording purposes and I really love the fat analogue sound that the F.E.T transistor produces. I want to build a 100% analogue sound chain to compliment my existing PodXT.
    So I ordered a Sansamp GT-2 today! :

DAMN its hard to wait for stuff!
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, the trademark series of amps sounds very good, and they are based on Sansamp technology.

Post Thanks / Like

Whohoo.. The GT-2 arrived today. I havent really had the chance to play with it much, but so far I love the tweed setting. It seems to work really good with the PodXT too, even though I prefer to use it with just a little reverb.

Post Thanks / Like

Time from some thread revival...

SuperSwede, do you still have your GT2? I use it quite a bit to go direct, and I'm looking for favorite settings that people use. The Tech 21 site/manual doesn't have a ton of presets, which is a little surprising.

To anybody reading, which models do you use? Do you use the dirt or just select a good clean tone and use pedals? What do you know about the quirks of the pedal, and which amps sound the best?

All input appreciated here. I have some things I lean on (mainly driven Fender models, sometimes clean Mesa, but I find it hard to get a good Marshall tone), but am looking for more info on how everyone uses it.
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I actually traded in my GT2 (I usually never keep my gear for very long) but I really miss it so I might have to get me another GT2. I love the british hi-gain setting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    I actually traded in my GT2 (I usually never keep my gear for very long) but I really miss it so I might have to get me another GT2. I love the british hi-gain setting!
    Ah, OK. Thanks anyway!

I actually found out that I was wrong -- there are a good number of presets in the manual. I suppose I was still looking for personal faves though.
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

You can get KILLER direct record sounds if you add a cab simulator (the built in is not enough, its still a bit fizzy). I used Guitar Rig just for that, usually the 4x12 Marshall /w greenbacks.