Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Classic Player series. Does Fender lie? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classic Player series. Does Fender lie?

Post Thanks / Like

Stinger ALWAYS has the best smilies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    DVM, thanks for sticking up for me. I appreciate it. I have stayed out of this because I am a member of the "suspect class". Hey, guys, we are all friends here and I am not offended. Abraxas, generally speaking, I am not deeply offended by lawyer jokes. Too many of them out there to be offended. But I am not very much amused most of the time either. Again, just heard too many of them, and the humor is often mean spirited, which is not my favorite type of humor. Don't get me wrong, there are funny lawyer jokes and I can take a joke. Just most aren't that witty.

I think there are a lot of misconceptions about the role of a lawyer in United States society, and if someone really believes that all lawyers are ruining the world, that would bother me. (EDIT: I re-read the comment, It really says "Yeah, that happens when you let lawyers run the World.") I also understand why the jokes happen, and sympathise with those that feel they have been abused by lawyers in some way. I didn't really take the comment we are talking about like that, but I didn't necessarily care for the comment either, partly because the comment helps to perpetuate a mis-statement. I was not going to comment, but because DVM has so valiantly stuck to his guns, I thought it unfair to leave him twisting out there without comment. Not a big deal, and certainly not worth any censorship, but I do appreciate DVM's support. I don't think anyone intended offense, and I do not feel offended. Might be nice to move on though.

As to the topic at hand, I do not know enough about the facts to comment and would defer to people that know more like Jimi75, or direct contact with Fender.
    OK, it wasn't my intention to follow up with this, but I believe it's only appropriate that I say a few things.

My friend, if you read my post in context it should be obvious I was not bashing lawyers in general. I mentioned a tv show for crying out loud. As for the comment about lawyers running the world, I'll stick to it. The world has to be run on vision, inspiration and innovation not legal codes; although they have their place. Finally I have no idea what the "the role of a lawyer in United States society" stereotype seems to be. I am not American.

You can take pride in your profession and should. Our discussion is on a rather different subject here. It's about legal mumbo jumbo and Fender's use of legal loopholes. "Specs subject to change without notice". Yeah right. Let me provide a translation for you: "Listen pal, we happen to have the best and most expensive lawyers and don't you ever dare think we won't take advantage of every legal trick there is to make a buck".

A really honest company would circulate a press release stating the changes in specs, esp. for a popular line like the Classic Player. It wouldn't change them when nobody was looking.

It should be clear by now where this was going with all the lawyer jokes. If I should apologize for anything, this would be my limited command of the written English language, which can lead to misconceptions.
    Gearlist:
    Guitars
    - Kramer Pacer Deluxe (’87) with SD pickups
    - EBMM 25th Anniversary hardtail
    - EBMM Axis Super Sport hardtail
    - Squier CV Tele (Reliced!)
    - "Relic Wallpaper Squier ’51 (heavily modded)
    - Custom made Precision type bass with EMG pickup and custom paintjob

Amps
    - THD Univalve
    - Tech21 Trademark 10
    - 2x12” Tube Town "flexi-back" cabinet, with Celestion Speakers

Effects, etc
    Peterson Strobostomp, Budda Bud-wah, BYOC Script Phaser, Proco RAT (original), Boss HM-2 (modded), EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Line6 M13 Stompbox Modeller, Axon AX-100 MkII, Digitech GSP1101/Control2

Visit my page on myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/thegenusloci

Post Thanks / Like

looks like the shows not over...time for more popcorn and a "beverage"

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Abraxas: Like I said, I don't think anyone intended offense to me, and I am not offended. I certainly did not intend any offense by my response. I respect your and Elavd's opinions. Anyone is entitled to his opinion and you may certainly have yours as far as I am concerned. Your home is the birthplace of much of American law and certainly the most common way for teaching it (Socratic method). Spirited civil debate without personal attack owes much, or maybe even most, to the traditions of the Greek philosopers. Peace brother.

Steve
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Steve you've got pm

Sorry guys, no more show tonight. I'm off to practice, be nice. :
    Gearlist:
    Guitars
    - Kramer Pacer Deluxe (’87) with SD pickups
    - EBMM 25th Anniversary hardtail
    - EBMM Axis Super Sport hardtail
    - Squier CV Tele (Reliced!)
    - "Relic Wallpaper Squier ’51 (heavily modded)
    - Custom made Precision type bass with EMG pickup and custom paintjob

Amps
    - THD Univalve
    - Tech21 Trademark 10
    - 2x12” Tube Town "flexi-back" cabinet, with Celestion Speakers

Effects, etc
    Peterson Strobostomp, Budda Bud-wah, BYOC Script Phaser, Proco RAT (original), Boss HM-2 (modded), EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Line6 M13 Stompbox Modeller, Axon AX-100 MkII, Digitech GSP1101/Control2

Visit my page on myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/thegenusloci

Post Thanks / Like

Compare my Classic Player's 60s "Custom 69":

to the ORIGINALS:

What do you think????
    MY GEAR:
    Guitars: Gibson ES-335, Tokai LS160s LP, Rockinger strat 2-tone sunburst, Rockinger tele C.A.R., NS Custom Relic Tele, Epiphone Jeff Baxter electroacoustic, Admira classical guitar
    Amps: Fender Deluxe Reverb II, Tech21 TM30
    Main Effects Unit:
    VOX Tonelab SE

My Band:
    http://www.blackframe.gr

Personal Myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/eliasavdikos

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I didn't chime in yet??

Elavd, if you got a problem with a company..any company and its related to guitars.. please by all means... make a thread...

I do it all the time.. Guitars, stores and payment methods...

If all we did was talk nice about things..how we gonna find out which do have some sort of problems..

Someone bad mouthed my new "old" Bassman cause it was not the Original old ones while my original post mentioned I didn't care what the nay sayers say..I take it with a grain of salt.. cause I know its a very good amp..cause I play it and like it..

I also believe we need to follow up in the proper places to.. then get back to the forum and let everyone know the outcome..

If this site starts limiting what you can say..it's not a site...

As for lawyer jokes... CNN said some guy is sueing god.. tis true.. God was gonna counter sue, but couldnt find a lawyer... I HEARD THIS ON CNN... and thought its funny..but tacky.. I am very sure sunvalleylaw is soooo tired of those jokes every place.. and can understand it.. but we all are built with skin..some tougher then others.. heck, I can't spell.. been told that here.. I can't put things in proper order in my posts..been told that here.. but I am still here.. cause.. well.. I want to be till its to much censored.. I don't believe thefret.net will become that.. we all have some heart..

ON TOPIC: I hope you get what you paid for from fender..and YES I think it matters!!

and if I am wrong to type any of this...any moderator wants to tell me to leave..POOF I am gone.......not a problem...

Oh btw elvad..I finally got those corners on my pedal board!!! thanks..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

If your guitar is supposed to come with the Master Wound pickups and you didn't get what they advertised the guitar with then I feel you do have a legitimate complaint. This thread clearly shows that there is a big difference.
    http://www.fender.com/community/foru...opic.php?t=703

Those Abby wound pickups would indeed increase in value and would initially be worth more as well. So if the literature that described your guitar plainly stated that it came with those pickups and it didn't, well then I'd be pissed too.

So? Was the guitar supposed to have that particular pickup in it?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I copy-paste from Fender's specs:

"Pickups: 3 Custom ‘69 Single-Coil Strat® Pickups with Grey Bobbins"

http://www.fender.com/products//sear...tno=0141100372
    MY GEAR:
    Guitars: Gibson ES-335, Tokai LS160s LP, Rockinger strat 2-tone sunburst, Rockinger tele C.A.R., NS Custom Relic Tele, Epiphone Jeff Baxter electroacoustic, Admira classical guitar
    Main Effects Unit:
    VOX Tonelab SE

My Band:

Personal Myspace:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    If your guitar is supposed to come with the Master Wound pickups and you didn't get what they advertised the guitar with then I feel you do have a legitimate complaint. This thread clearly shows that there is a big difference.
    http://www.fender.com/community/foru...opic.php?t=703

Those Abby wound pickups would indeed increase in value and would initially be worth more as well. So if the literature that described your guitar plainly stated that it came with those pickups and it didn't, well then I'd be pissed too.

Aren't the Abby Master Wounds different altogether than the Custom Shop '69 pups that were supposed to come stock on the Classic 60s Players Strat? Now we're even more cornfused.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320150112442
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Aren't the Abby Master Wounds different altogether than the Custom Shop '69 pups that were supposed to come stock on the Classic 60s Players Strat? Now we're even more cornfused.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320150112442
    Abby wounds sets on custom demand and she signs on them by writing "Abby"

The Custom 69s, are not wound by Abby, but inspected and dated by her. These pickups have the initials "A.Y." and cost half of the price of the handmade ones:

And, probably, there is a third category...(like those on my CP60s) that have the specs of the CS69s but are made in Mexico, and have nothing to do with Abby...

MY GEAR:
    Main Effects Unit:
    VOX Tonelab SE

My Band:

Personal Myspace:

Post Thanks / Like

in this day of over priced Vintage stuff..thats a BIG buying point... Very BIG!

think of this 20-30 years down the road.. when everyone is talking about those great Abby labeled pickups!!

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elavd
    I copy-paste from Fender's specs:

"Pickups: 3 Custom ‘69 Single-Coil Strat® Pickups with Grey Bobbins"

http://www.fender.com/products//sear...tno=0141100372
    Those are totally different pickups then. End of discussion.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I checked mine last night, they are initialed & dated but no sticker.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Lev can you please tell me (if you remember) by looking the above pictures, if the bobbin color is like the one on 2nd or the 3rd image?
    MY GEAR:
    Main Effects Unit:
    VOX Tonelab SE

My Band:

Personal Myspace:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can't be 100& sure Elavd without looking again - I think they looked like the second image but without the sticker. I just did a quick check last night without taking the pickguard completely off. Tomorrow I'll have more time and will take a picture.
    - Lev

Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    I can't be 100& sure Elavd without looking again - I think they looked like the second image but without the sticker. I just did a quick check last night without taking the pickguard completely off. Tomorrow I'll have more time and will take a picture.
    OK thanks!!!
    MY GEAR:
    Main Effects Unit:
    VOX Tonelab SE

My Band:

Personal Myspace:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

my pickups
    - Lev

Post Thanks / Like

Lev as far as I can see, your pickups have the same bobbin color but mine are not signed.

Yours:

and mine:

As far as I can tell, neither yours nor mine have the same color with the original Custom 69s...
    MY GEAR:
    Main Effects Unit:
    VOX Tonelab SE

My Band:

Personal Myspace:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast