Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tap tap tap...is this thing on?

Post Thanks / Like

Default tap tap tap...is this thing on?

where are all the fretters? I'm up in nyc and there has been almost no traffic on this board....i'm jonesing for posts!!!

Went to a nice intimate jazz vocalist concert on saturday and when we left the theatre it was 17 degrees with a forty or so mph wind....coldest i've been in a loooooonngg time!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    where are all the fretters? I'm up in nyc and there has been almost no traffic on this board....i'm jonesing for posts!!!
    You're right. But for me I was very busy the last days. I think, on the next days i will post mor often again.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Warren,

I have been wondering the same thing … where is everyone? How the weather up there in New York City besides C-C-COLD? You have been there for five days. Are you ready to move there yet? Weather here in FL has been the same, cold nights low 40s and 50 during the day (that’s cold for us Floridians). I have been hitting “Blues You can Use” most of the weekend, thanks to Tremoloman. He is the one that has been pushing me to practice the book. I remember you mentioning it some time back but it did not click. We should have something in common when we meet in March.

BTW, I keep losing the tempo on the bends. I am getting ready to begin Lesson 4 where you combine patters 1 & 2. I should be on this one at least a week. Now I have three songs to practice. Too bad they are such short songs. Just when you’re getting into one of the songs, it ends.

Stay warm and safe, you will be back in warm Florida soon.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm coming home tonight (monday)!

I'm on the same chapter in Blues You Can Use...

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Tim]Too bad they are such short songs. Just when you’re getting into one of the songs, it ends.QUOTE]

That's what turnarounds are for!

As for me, this project at work is kickin' the stuffin's outta me! We're opening a new AutoZone in my town, and I am part of the setup crew (I'll be an Asst. Mgr. when the store opens). Last Monday morning, we walked in to see four walls and a ceiling. There was no electricity, and hence, no heat, aside from that provided by a huge propane-powered Bunson Burner. Anyway, we unloaded five semi truckloads of store fixtures and began building the racks that would hold all the parts shelving. Some of these things are twelve feet high. We were off Tuesday because of the lack of heat, and so we made up by working all day Saturday. Today, we came in and finished setting up all the tags. Unfortunately, we didn't get our first shipment of parts, so we got sent home early.

The up side to coming home early though, is that I dug out an old toy that I have, a Kawai GB-1 Session Trainer. I plugged it in to my amp and have been playing along with it all afternoon (at least until I took this break to check mail and such). What a blast! It is a lot more fun than practicing with a metronome, and since it actually plays through the amp, you can hear it too.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim

I have been hitting “Blues You can Use” most of the weekend, thanks to Tremoloman. He is the one that has been pushing me to practice the book. I remember you mentioning it some time back but it did not click. We should have something in common when we meet in March.

Hey i think we could play a "Blues you can Use" Session

I'm in chapter 9 "Getting funky" but i got stuck in this part.
    At all, the songs are short, but I like them very much. And you can use the licks in your own solos.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

I sure could use more than a 1 and a half minute quick 12 bar blues tune backing track. Anybody willing to do a few blues tunes? A song in the key of “A” would be wonderful since the book “Blues You Can Use” has the lessons in the key of “A”. Anything longer than 120 seconds would be great. I know Warren and I would greatly appreciate it, and probably some other fretters also.

We should start a new thread for the topic.

R A - I was talking about the tunes on the CD only being about 90 seconds or so long. The songs should be longer so you can get into to it.
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, I have been really sick(well I dont know what the poper name is in english vomit-sickness perhaps..), been throwing up a lot for a few days !

Still a bit shaky and tired... yuck..
    Last edited by SuperSwede; February 21st, 2006 at 07:56 AM.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Take care Super Swede. I was in bed most of the weekend myself. My wonderful wife gave me her cold. Cold & hot sweats at night. Sore throat with a head cold and a lot of drainage. Yuk!! I still got the old ax out and practiced for 2 hours total. I will have to decontaminate the guitar room when I get better. I'm sure there are other fretters sick out there. Could be the reason for low board activity.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tim,

I was expecting something like 30 posts when I returned, but it really seems a bit dead...
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

well i'm back in sunny florida!!!! Yay back to shorts and no socks!!

managed to not get sick during my trip...i think that's a first....usually a couple of plane rides in a week is sure to get you sick but so far so good (knock on wood).

tim and ss: sorry you guys are under the weather....hope you are better soon.

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Warren - Don't speak to fast. I don’t want to be the bearer of sad news, but, incubation is 24 -72 hours from your last airplane ride. I hate airplanes and breathing other people’s air. It’s like sucking the impure air right from their lungs. Stay healthy fellow fretter.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

I've been looking for a more blues-oriented thing to complement my Metal Method lessons. Is the general consensus that "Blues You Can Use" is the way to go?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    managed to not get sick during my trip...i think that's a first....usually a couple of plane rides in a week is sure to get you sick but so far so good (knock on wood).
    yeah but i did knock on wood...that should help...right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    I've been looking for a more blues-oriented thing to complement my Metal Method lessons. Is the general consensus that "Blues You Can Use" is the way to go?
    I don't know if "Blues You Can Use" is the way to go, but at least 3 of us are using the book and CD (Tremolman, Warren and I). There maybe more fretters out there using it or something comparable.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

I am considering to isolate myself on a small island and drink nothing but strong alcoholic homebrewed stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if "Blues You Can Use" is the way to go, but at least 3 of us are using the book and CD (Tremolman, Warren and I). There maybe more fretters out there using it or something comparable.
    Hey, Tim, I'm also a "blueser".

Uaaaah, nobody reads my postings....

Theres is also a book "More blues you can use" And damn, the things are getting very tricky.
    Greetings

Christian

Post Thanks / Like

GC – I saw that book when I was researching the “BUCU” book. Have you done any exercises out the “More You Can Use” book? If so, how hard are they?
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

GC – I saw that book when I was researching the “BUCU” book. Have you done any exercises out the “More You Can Use” book? If so, how hard are they?
    I had the book from a friend for one day. In the moment, the lessons are too difficult for me. As i want to improve my skills (and only can) step by step, i think, at first i will go on for the next chapters in BUCU. But for more advanced players i think MBUCU is a very good choice.
    Greetings

Christian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast