Thread: Anyone ever heard of Freshman basses?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone ever heard of Freshman basses?

I recently acquired one for ultra cheap via ebay - £24 UK (about $48 US). A couple of tweaks and minor adjustments, new strings and its ok to get going on until Idecide if I want to concentrate on bass or guitar...Ive seen their acoustic guitars and basses but not the electrics. Any clues?
    Guitars Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, Peavey Generation EXP, Ovation Celebrity electro

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

Post Thanks / Like

/\ sorry Mr Grumpy, I don't know.
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard of Fishman but not Freshman.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't heard of them here in the States. Apparently it's a Scots compnay that imports from China, thus the low cost. Their website only mentions the acoustic and acoustic/electric stuff.

http://www.freshmanguitars.co.uk

They have a small US website, placed on free website server Tripod:

http://freshmanguitarsusa.tripod.com/

Again no mention of electric solidbody guitars or basses though.