Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
GFS lipstick pickups

Thread: GFS lipstick pickups

Post Thanks / Like

Default GFS lipstick pickups

I was wondering if anyone has tried the lipsticks at GFS?

I am soooo close to just ordering them for my 51.. seems I keep grabbing my strat and letting it sit..so thought I would make a different sound with it...

I have heard Danelectro clips.. enjoy the rockabilly-surf sounds...

Their single tube for the neck is rated 4.9k...

their humbucker twin lipstick has a bridge at 12k and a neck one at 9k.. would the 9k be a better choice to match with the 4.9k?

Any sound clips for their lipsticks anyplace?

thanks guys... im gassing a bit...sorry...:

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Justa,

I don't know anything about the GFS lipstick pups, but there is a whole forum dedicated to '51 mods. Here is the link http://www.instituteofnoise.com/squi...um/default.asp

If you go to the Shop Talk or Sound Clips sections and do a search for GFS lipstick pups, you may find some more info on them : .

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gal, went there...but no luck on sound clips...although someone is talkin about doing the same thing.. they suggest the High Output in bridge and bridge lipstick in neck..hmmm.. GFS is out of those.. might just let it go till I can hear some clips...

I got another one to mess with till then..

Post Thanks / Like

Here's some sound clips from a guy named leftyjay over at the Agile forum. He put a pair of the dual coils in his Agile 335 clone (AS-820), they sound pretty good...

http://home.comcast.net/~jaysguitarpage/pupsamples.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    Here's some sound clips from a guy named leftyjay over at the Agile forum. He put a pair of the dual coils in his Agile 335 clone (AS-820), they sound pretty good...

http://home.comcast.net/~jaysguitarpage/pupsamples.html
    Thanks alot Bloozcat... just what I wanted to hear..
    Leftyjay is a very good player.. backed out the pupsamples and went to his one man band page... a definate fret.net type of guy...

has some full songs up on youtube also using the lipsticks.. great sound (doesn't always have to be distortion.. ) and playing... thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

A bit off topic, but ol' Lefty Jay has hisself a mighty nice trio of white Gretsch guitars!!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Thanks alot Bloozcat... just what I wanted to hear..
    Leftyjay is a very good player.. backed out the pupsamples and went to his one man band page... a definate fret.net type of guy...

has some full songs up on youtube also using the lipsticks.. great sound (doesn't always have to be distortion.. ) and playing... thanks again
    Your comment got me thinking there Justa. Leftyjay is the kind of guy who would fit in well here. I think I'll extend an invitation to him to come over for a visit. Thanks for that suggestion!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    Your comment got me thinking there Justa. Leftyjay is the kind of guy who would fit in well here. I think I'll extend an invitation to him to come over for a visit. Thanks for that suggestion!
    Actually.. I already did.. asked him which type lipsticks (that just don't print out right) he would get.. was nice enough to reply to me.. so I let him know about thefret.net and bloozcat..

voodoo
    Did you notice his home made Tele too? and his sx-57? lol.. he is thefret.net lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually.. I already did.. asked him which type lipsticks (that just don't print out right) he would get.. was nice enough to reply to me.. so I let him know about thefret.net and bloozcat..

voodoo
    Did you notice his home made Tele too? and his sx-57? lol.. he is thefret.net lol!
    :

Post Thanks / Like

voodoo
    Oh, yeah! I looked at 'em all. That photo of the three white Gretsches just caught my eye. You don't see something like that too often! ude:
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    A bit off topic, but ol' Lefty Jay has hisself a mighty nice trio of white Gretsch guitars!!
    He could compete with Spud with a picture of his guitar family from his roof.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a set of the GFS Lipsticks and they are 1/8 inch smaller in diamenter than the width of single coil strat pickups. This leaves an ugly gap. So noticeable I'm ordering some pickguard material. They are slightly longer than a single coil also.