Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Jazz?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jazz?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Jazz?

Do you want to be as cool lookin´as this dude? If so please check out my "fretless jazz" background available here:
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=492694

It is one of my old midi recordings (from 97 or something ) that I edited to become something like a backing track, but I kept the intro saxophone part so you would get a "feel" for the song. It was originally recorded on my Korg synth so the instruments are not quite the same in Garageband. But it sounds rather nice, and is pretty useful for jazz-scales practice! I hope that someone here can find a use for it, and hopefully will have a nice time with it as well!

//SS (no not the Gestapo)
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Wow nice backing.... Thanks Swede... BTW, really liked the feeling in the "LoveSong" to... applause..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank your dear

I am looking in my archives and are trying to convert old midi songs to modern instruments. Its very fun to listen to these old "recordings"
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm your welcome find more of these jazz midi's as you look.. and don't forget sharing is the best feeling one can have...

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to download it, but was not allowed. Today's jazz is just about all I listen to except any CDs that I own.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Try the Hi Fi stream, I think MP3 downloads is for soundclick members only

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Swede, Savefile.com can give a direct link with no member signup needed ... I mean for those downloading...

Post Thanks / Like

That dude in the above photo would look more sophisticated with a Spanish guitar in his hands. If you notice in the photo, both of his hands are in position for playing arpeggio guitar.

Super Swede, did you digitally alter this photo from it original format?
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

No I stole it as it is somewhere

Post Thanks / Like

Man what a coincidence?
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

I just enjoy Jazz like this so much..can get lost in it... Here is my problem trying to play though... I can run scales with these and kinda flatten all strings to make chord like sounds or just match fingers to a few of the scale notes to I guess create a chord ? but to figure how to throw a jazz chord in and then run into single note playing... whew... My mind hurts trying to swing them both together... Like this sounds good to me with a C blues scale or minor pentatonic played softly with thumb and fingers.. But I can feel it needs a chord or two thrown in with it.. Besides flatting all and sliding them or creating a little chord structure from the notes in that scale I guess I have to start learning the real chord structures much lower down the neck.. or is that just it.. create from the notes in that scale to anything that sounds halfway decent to your ear?

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps this site can give you a few ideas on your jazz journey?
    http://chordguide.com/guitar/chords.asp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Swede...they all help... I been using this site: http://www.apassion4jazz.net/strings.html to figure the chords... but it's more the transition from playing chords and then finding the right notes going back to scales I am having troubles I guess.. I assume thats what creative phrasing is all about huh....

Post Thanks / Like

I wish that I had a video camera, I have a few useful licks with chords that I could show you. I dont even have a web cam (and the quality on those are probably too low anyway)... Perhaps Robert can record something when he gets home to Canada.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Let's get those Jazz Clips up here...:)

Well, I can always hear some of your chord licks then?

Anyways..I get lost after about a minute with this Jazz one... here is a minute clip then... New tele using both new VNP pickups and Cyber-Champ Clean Tweed with some Spring reverb and long decay... Hopefully will update someday with some chord structure... as I learn and listen along...
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; August 20th, 2007 at 10:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I can record something later Justa...
    Really good sound on your new VNP pickups!

Post Thanks / Like

Justaguy - Great jazz soloing. I believe it was a little longer than 1 minute though. More like 2:26 minutes. I have read else where that in order to really get that jazzy tone you should turn down the treble on the amp. Also to boost the mids and bass helps to obtain that jazzy sound.

Did you write down your solo or did you play on the fly? I would like to see the tab for the first 60 seconds. I have been studying from the book “Blues You Can Use” The book concentrates on the “blues” scale and also teaches the 5 patterns. I am trying to figure out if I am suppose to play across all 6 strings or stick with just 2 or 3 for soloing. Your tune sounds like you are staying with just 2 or 3 string but playing across 2 or more patterns.

Any help you can provide would help me in moving forward on my studies. It would most likely help other Fretters also.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Swede, Tim...

Tim, I meant my clip was a minute... The fretless jazz is much longer and I more or less did the minute to get something added to this so I can entice other fretters to add something and learn from their work

Sorry no tab... didn't expect anyone wanting to learn from mine... I did this on the fly.. all it is... is C blues scale... And don't even know why I chose C.. it sounds like it fits to me .. I played different root notes and their scales to make sure I was in something that fit. then... I started on the E and A at the eighth fret sliding up-down for some reason only the guitar and the devil know for sure..lol.. it sounded ok at the time is the reason.. and just worked my way down to B and E around the sixteenth from low to high through the scale... I may have even gone above the eighth.. running down the fretboard to the next locations (6 thru 4) and then back up... For choosing the sound type I just backed off the tone about halfway on the guitar making it deeper instead of adjusting at the amp and turned the volume back a bit although after hearing it again today not back enough maybe... played the backing track and went through presets/patches already on the Fender Cyber Champ till I found one to my liking..(it's actually Hang10 preset for the surf sound when full out) no more then that.. pretty lazy way but was all I was looking for.. then trying to keep step with the music, well at least the way I heard it.. lol.. you probably have this but C blues scale picture attached... you can tell in the picture C Blues Scale is just a little different allowing the diminished fifth I think they call it into the minor scale.. which is just one more note actually.. and I guess if it feels right when your playing then you leave C minor and jump into the C blues scale.. this is just what I did..dunno if its right or wrong but I liked it.. I think someone said there is nothing wrong in music.. it's just music... and I was just playing.. appreciate you asking questions... means I am on the right track and must be learning a bit as I go... thanks again..hope this helps a bit..
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; August 20th, 2007 at 10:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    I have read else where that in order to really get that jazzy tone you should turn down the treble on the amp. Also to boost the mids and bass helps to obtain that jazzy sound.
    Wow, this interaction does work for things... It just dawned on me why all these "Real" guitar players have a hard time explaining a sound.. Alot of times I ask how did say for instance how did Clapton attain that sound.. and the players such as Robert, T2TB, Nelskie etc.. usually say something like Strat or LesPaul through a Twin or a Marshall.... and thats about it.. leaving me in the total dark how to obtain a sound.. but not really... it was a basis to start with and from there only your own ear can find the sound your looking for or hearing in their playing... and without the way they execute their playing style and the sound you can never obtain anothers sound.. Looking back at your message it states how a book says you can probably get the best sound... but it does not state for which song or in which style.. just a rough idea as to what your looking for... I tried the above a minute ago... and to me with this particular song I liked having the two pickups and the treble as it was with just backing off the tone knob.. while maybe Swede will come up with the neck pickup only and bassy.. and robert might just wale away with a thousand notes per minute using just a bridge pickup and make it sound like godsend... I now know why there are patches for the same person/star ten different ways... its all in each persons hearing and feel.. Heck, Im using a preset for a Surfing band to do Jazz...lol.. If it feels right... just do it!

thank you Yoda's of TheFret.Net...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast