Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Xaviere Guitars
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Xaviere Guitars

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Xaviere Guitars

Has anyone seen these new Xaviere guitars?

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xaxvandxvgu.html

Looks like they have more choices and got rid of the ugly head stock logo. Have a choice of P90's or Dream 180's......tele or strat.....rosewood or maple....so many choices.....

Hmmmmm......

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

They're looking very sweet and highly afordable.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty damn cheap but how good are they?
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to play one. Reviews that I've read on the Zemaitis copies have been mixed. But, the prices are right on these new models, and they look cool, too. I'd like to try the cream Tele with the maple fretboard.

Please forgive my lack of manners. Welcome GG and Adrian!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, those do look kinda sweet

I've heard mixed reviews of Xaviere guitars, but mostly from the fanatics over on the Telecaster Discussion Page, TDPRI and you KNOW how touchy Tele players are about their guitars

From what I hear, the build quality is generally pretty good for a guitar in this price range, certainly on par with many Squiers, SX etc. GFS p'ups get great reviews on this and other forums.

Hmm... a semi-hollowbody Strat with P90s... must... not... reach... for... credit...card....
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Damn! Just when I thought I was safe. Who posted this?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

this is my current favorite

And for just over a buck and a half what could you loose

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if anyone noticed or not but the backs are not contoured. They are a square edge like a Tele or Les Paul.

I wonder what "poplar" core means? A multi piece body with the center piece being poplar and the wings something else?

I think I'll wait for a report.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I wonder what "poplar" core means? A multi piece body with the center piece being poplar and the wings something else?
    The one description I read said that it had a poplar core with maple laminate on all sides. I'm not sure what the point of that would be since it wasn't a transparent finish. The only thing I can think of is that they tried to give it some maple brightness without it weighing a ton.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Well look at the sound got out of the Masonite Dan electro guitars ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snarph
    this is my current favorite:

And for just over a buck and a half what could you loose
    I'd go with the Surf Green body and the rosewood fretboard, but we're basically on the same wavelength, Snarph. At a buck-fifty-nine, they've gotta be a steal! GFS doesn't sell junk, from what I've seen....

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

As though the universe were responding to my GASeous emissions, these came along just as I was thinking I'd like a P90 guitar. So I just pulled the trigger on one. Surf green tele body with maple fretboard and P90s. I really wanted the red sparkle finish, but they only have those with the Dream 180s.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

Great Ro3b. Now I'll actually (please if you would be so kind) get some sort of idea how their P90's sound. I've been thinking of upgrading one of my P90 guitars but have heard zip about the GFS P90's. Some feed back on these after you get the guitar would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually a guy on Harmony Central has posted some clips.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1750516

Pretty nice stuff!
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ro3b
    Actually a guy on Harmony Central has posted some clips.
    Sweet find. Sounds like quite a deal for the price. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the f-hole look, but the sparkly red Strat-shaped one with a maple board looks pretty cool.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Since Medway MA, where GFS is located, is only a 2 - 2.5 hr drive from here, I'm going to shoot them an e-mail and see if its possible to stop by their location and try out a couple of these new Xaviere models. I get over toward Boston periodically and could easily swing by Medway, which is just a couple of minutes off I-495 south of I-90. Perhaps they'd let me try out two or three of the new models, and then I could report my findings/impressions back here. Kind of a "Fretter's field trip"! We'll see what they say....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Since Medway MA, where GFS is located, is only a 2 - 2.5 hr drive from here, I'm going to shoot them an e-mail and see if its possible to stop by their location and try out a couple of these new Xaviere models. I get over toward Boston periodically and could easily swing by Medway, which is just a couple of minutes off I-495 south of I-90. Perhaps they'd let me try out two or three of the new models, and then I could report my findings/impressions back here. Kind of a "Fretter's field trip"! We'll see what they say....
    That would be awesome if you do because as you probably have guessed...I want one too.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 5 hours away and was thinking of going up there in a few weeks when I take a couple of days off during the week.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Re visiting GFS, over at H-C Jay (the GuitarFetish/Xaviere guy) has said that locals in his immediate area can call ahead and arrange to come over, but that he didn't want people making trips into town to come over to the shipping center from elsewhere because they're not set up for flesh and blood customers.

I'm paraphrasing but that's the gist of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast