Thread: New Jack & Danny LS-1 VSB

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Jack & Danny LS-1 VSB

Hello!

As I mentioned earlier in this board, my neighbour bought a abonnement of the german magazin "Guitar" and i was the canvasser (?) of this abo. So i got a guitar as a gift

It came a few days ago and what could I say? It is great. It has a classical Les Paul shape in vintage sunburst, was fretted very well and has a nice typical LP sound even though it has a bolt on neck instead of a glued one.

The only (little) minus: The pickups are a very microphonic, so, if you play very loud and very high gain settings, they squeel. But playing clean or just a little bit overdriven it sounds very well.

Here you can see some pictures: J&D LS-1 VSB

The guitar was delivered by www.musicstore.de. They sell this one for 139 Euro. A great gift, I think.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations, Chris! It looks like with a pickup swap, you'll have a fine LP copy. Good looking guitar.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of their strats here somewhere.. Nice looking instruments but the pickups and electronics is definately a weak point, at least it the strat.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    Congratulations, Chris! It looks like with a pickup swap, you'll have a fine LP copy. Good looking guitar.
    Yes, i thought about a pickup swap, but: They sound very good, except the high gain squeel! So this will simply not be my guitar for high gain. Two good humbuckers will be about 160 Euro. That put into a 140 € guitar... hm.....
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Free guitars! Can't beat that. Free guitars for everyone.
    Good to see you Chris.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.