Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Agile 2800 Dlx, and all other guitars from the mail

Thread: Agile 2800 Dlx, and all other guitars from the mail

Post Thanks / Like

Default Agile 2800 Dlx, and all other guitars from the mail

Well, I ordered an Agile 2800 dlx (as you might've read on a bunch of other posts) and I was wondering what things I should check out, since it's a guitar that came through the mail. Rondomusic has a good return policy, but I want to make sure that I've checked it out thoroughly before the return policy expires. Ill be sure to take plenty of pictures once it arrives . Please share any experiences with guitars that have come through the mail, and how you take them through tests to make sure that everything is working fine on them! thanks for any tips, since this is my first time ordering a guitar online.
    Blues/Rock/Classic Rock Junkie!

Guitars:
    -Agile AL-2800 Dlx Les Paul
    -Fender MIM Strat
    -Fender DG-8 Acoustic
    Amps:
    -Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
    -Kustom 10W Practice Amp
    Pedals:
    -DigiTech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

Magic

Congratulations on the guitar. I think you will like it. My Agile is a keeper.As for what to look for...mine didn't need anything except that I set the action, intonation, neck relief and changed to the guage string that I use. That was it, oh, I did tighten the screws on the end of the tuning keys just a tad. I think yours will come with the really nice Grover tuners. Otherwise mine was and still is a very fine guitar.

However, check and make sure the relief on the neck is to your liking and that there are no spots either playing or bending the higher strings that fret out. Look from fret 10 to fret 15. This is typically where I have seen the most problems with bowed necks or bad fret jobs. Play a note on the high E string, bend up a 3rd or 5th if you can toward your face (across the fretboard). If it frets out and it happens at one or two frets up or down from that spot then you may want to have a pro look at it. It most likely will be a high fret and can easilly be fixed. Otherwise they will tell you of any problem that they can see.

Check also either side of where the neck joins the body for cracks that may have occured during shipping. The only other thing that you might check is that the strings are DIRECTLY over the pole pieces of the pickups. That means that everything is lined up correctly.

The model you have coming is a good one and I don't foresee anything that can't be taken care of. Still, let us all know what you think when you get it.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

OH! I just found this. Here is a really good deal for all those who still have GAS.
    http://www.rondomusic.net/al2000p90.html

Killer price!

Post Thanks / Like

MB21 - Any guitar, mail bought or otherwise, should be thoroughly checked as I'm sure you are already prepared to do! Obviously the first thing you'll check is the asthetics of the instrument. Checking for any signs of cracks or dings etc. Along the lines of Spud's suggestion I would also remind you to make sure that the truss rod has enough "adjustment" - either way - tight or loose...so that you have the ability to straighten out the neck when it needs it...or enough threaded adjustment so that you can loosen the rod for changes in humidity, altitude or neck relief. The neck won't be any good if you notice you can't loosen the truss rod for string relief and it's already as loose as it can get (free spinning). A good neck should have enough thread to go either way for a good adjustment. Also make sure you can intonate the thing. Some bridges are good some aren't. Make sure you can play chords up along the neck and in the open nut positions once it's intonated without it being off anywhere at all.

I'd also check how the guitar was packaged too. Inspect the box even before you open it...that should tell you a lot about how it was handled in delivery.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

just a thought....would it be wise to video tape the opening of the box and such so that if there is really something wrong it would be documented and they couldn't blame you?

Never bought a guitar by mail...

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

T2TB - Excellent advise. A man with much experience!
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the tips, it works GREAT!! I think i might've found a favorite! And, the lack of hum while playing in front of the computer is great! Here are some pictures of it:

Guitars:
    -Fender MIM Strat
    -Fender DG-8 Acoustic
    Amps:
    -Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
    -Kustom 10W Practice Amp
    Pedals:
    -DigiTech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

Magic
    That looks really nice! I thought it was a real high end LP until I got to the headstock. Agile! Cool!! They have changed the design of the headstock slightly since I bought mine. Yours looks good too. Unique but tasty. That looks like a well built axe man. Enjoy. Oh, keep a fire extinguisher handy though...cause you're gonna be smokin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice axe magic! Please record something with it so we all can enjoy it
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

MB21 - Good looking guitar. I second the statement of "Let's hear what it's got".
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

great guitar...the reflection in the guitar of you taking the picture is kinda eerie though!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, man! Let us know how she plays. That's a great looking guitar ya got there, and it looks like it survived shipping okay. Any setup problems?
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

it plays PHENOMINALLY!! the relief was a tad to high, and the action was a little too low, but other than that, it is great! i feel horrible saying this about my strat, but i think i like my agile better... i havent had time to compare it to a real gibson lp, but i hope i can soon. and, ill try to get a recording done sometime soon, prolly wont be the best, but it'll give y'all an idea.

Guitars:
    -Fender MIM Strat
    -Fender DG-8 Acoustic
    Amps:
    -Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
    -Kustom 10W Practice Amp
    Pedals:
    -DigiTech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking geetar MB. Rock on.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

These agile guitars look to be the cat's pyjamas. And they are absurdly cheap! Only problem is, the only place I can find that sells a wide range of them is the Rondomusic website suggested earlier, and I have a feeling the shipping cost to get a guitar into England with the tax and stuff would make it pointless, as the 'cheap' factor would be somewhat lessened. But those les pauls with floyd roses do look mighty tasty

regards

Matt
    Guitars: Squier '51, Fender Classic Player's 60s Strat, Epiphone Dot, Ibanez SA260FM (Bareknuckle Nailbomb/Trilogy Suite p'ups)

Pedals: Fender Pt100, Tech21 Double Drive, BYOC Mighty Mouse, EHX Stereo Pulsar, Boss DD-20

Amp: Blackstar HT-20 Studio, Fender Blues Jr

Post Thanks / Like

Matt
    You need to find a Mule to get any guitars you want smuggled into the UK. Know anybody taking a trip to the States? I'd be happy to help arrange a way to get it to them so that they could bring it back to you. Er, maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh, not for a long time yet Spudman, thanks for the offer though I might come to the States for a year before going to Uni however, (and who knows, even stay in the country I was born in ) and things will get a whole lot cheaper

regards

Matt
    Guitars: Squier '51, Fender Classic Player's 60s Strat, Epiphone Dot, Ibanez SA260FM (Bareknuckle Nailbomb/Trilogy Suite p'ups)

Pedals: Fender Pt100, Tech21 Double Drive, BYOC Mighty Mouse, EHX Stereo Pulsar, Boss DD-20

Amp: Blackstar HT-20 Studio, Fender Blues Jr

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of Agiles (and other things Rondo), has anyone bought an SX Bass? If so, what would you say that it is comparable to in quality and materials?
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I have heard the SX basses are similar in quality to Squier's. I sure want one. I need to get a bass soon so I can record some more stuff. A Squier Jazz Bass is another option I'm thinking about.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.