Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
VOX Valvetronix and stomp boxes

Thread: VOX Valvetronix and stomp boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Default VOX Valvetronix and stomp boxes

Hi folks,
    Just wondering If anyone has had any experience of using effects pedals with this amp? I have a (cheap) wah pedal that seems to make a nice warm tone sound kinda 'dead' even when its used as a volume pedal. I read somewhere that these amps dont like pedals in front of them (maybe here). Also If I strum a chord with the wah pedal in use, as the sound dies there is some light distortion. I also have a Boss DD-6 that only does what its meant to do. Maybe its a problem with cheap pedals??

Cheers

Gerard

Post Thanks / Like

The forum leader Robert has tons of videos on his Dolphinstreet site showcasing pedal use on his AD50VT. When I had a Vox it took to pedals real well too. Go for it. Pedal use depends on the sounds you are looking for. If you're not sure then listen to players using pedals that sound good to you. Ask them what settings they are using etc. That's a good starting point.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I use LOTS of pedals with my AD30VT, with excellent results. I run my pedal chain through an A-B switch into two amps--the AD30VT and a Peavey Delta Blues tube amp--and commonly switch back & forth between the two. I've yet to encounter a situation where the selected effects sounded good through one amp and poor through the other.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I've found that my overdrive works great. In general, my EX-7 works well too, although I usually just use it with the Boutique Clean model and let the EX-7 handle any distortion.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I have no problem with pedals with my AD30VT either. Just make sure you do not put another digital modeler in front of this amp. Two digitals do not mix well.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an AD50VT 212 and found that a TS-9 Tubescreamer and a BOSS OD-3 sound GREAT through the amp. I generally don't use pedals alot, but when I do, they sound really cool through the amp.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.