Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Well, I'm back...lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, I'm back...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well, I'm back...lol

It's been a long quest for tone, but ultimately, I ended up right back where I started.

Long story short...Several months ago, I traded my AD30VT off for another amp, and sold that amp and got another, and sold that amp and got another...you get the idea. I did, along the way, settle on an old Fender Champ as a keeper.

But as funny as it may seem...I just got the AD30VT back...SAME EXACT ONE I had. And oh my goodness...I don't care what anybody says...I'd say I'm a bit of a purist as far as amps go, but I don't care...These things are awesome!!

Solid State, half solid state, hybrid, whatever you want to call this little thing. It is just one bad a** little amp. I'm so glad it's back. We just got done getting to know each other again...for about 2 hours... ude:

Anyway...just letting you people know...if you are thinking that it could get a little better than your Valvetronix amp...please, take my advice...just hold onto it because you will probably regret it! :

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, great thread! I think I'll keep mine forever, since it's useful for so many different purposes and styles. The only thing I'd prefer would be a head version, but oh well.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that you are back to liking your Valvetronix.

Still have my AD30VT, but now it has a friend in a Fender Champion 600 with NOS tubes.

I'm planning on keeping them both.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Have an AD50 myself, she is a keeper! But I would like a good fender amp too or maybe an old Roland Jazz Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Glad to hear that you are back to liking your Valvetronix.

Still have my AD30VT, but now it has a friend in a Fender Champion 600 with NOS tubes.

I'm planning on keeping them both.
    That is funny! I almost bought that amp from you. Now, I have my tube amp I bought to start with, and having been lead here by the Vox amps, and hope to add one down the road. I keep seeing links to other new amps, but keep coming back to this one as the most versatile one to add.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

They'll take my AD30VT when they pry my cold, dead pedal chain from it! Or something like that....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Long story short...Several months ago, I traded my AD30VT off for another amp, and sold that amp and got another, and sold that amp and got another...you get the idea. I did, along the way, settle on an old Fender Champ as a keeper.
    I did something similar. I initially started with the AD100VT and wound up trading it in, trying another amp, etc....But later on wound up getting the AD50VT212 and installing a set of Celestion G12 Century Neos (which might sound crazy on an amp that cost $450 new), but the longer I have the amp, and in comparison to some of the others I've tried and played, I'm really liking the Valvetronix more and more. It sounds better than some of the production tube amps I've tried.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

It really is just an awesome amp. You can get so many sounds out of these things...it's ridiculous really. I've heard so many other modeling amps (that were all completely solid state..even PODS and Toneports {although the Toneports are pretty nice too}), and they just do not even compare to the sounds you can get out of these things. Plus great sounding built in effects.

Bang for the buck, hype, yadda yadda yadda. If you want a good amp, and I mean good all around, the Vox AD series 30 and up are the way to go. LOTS of bang for the buck.

All you newer players and Fretters...get one folks...I know Robert really glamorizes them with his DolphinStreet site, but really...They ARE all that and a bag of chips...and more!!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I glamorize them? Haha, well it's just a cheap modeling amp, but I sure like it. It's hard not to, considering the price point, versatility and tones. Hard to beat.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I glamorize them? Haha, well it's just a cheap modeling amp, but I sure like it. It's hard not to, considering the price point, versatility and tones. Hard to beat.
    Man, do you know how many people have seen you play some stuff out of one of these things and then go out and buy one? There's no way to really know, but I bet the figure would be astounding.

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking of turning my AD30VT into a head only. I was going to remove the "little black box" and put it in it's own case and then use the line out/phone jack to feed either a 12" speaker or a PA system. Has anybody done this before?
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

I did the same thing. I had a Vox AD120VT that i sold and bought a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, sold that and got a Peavey Delta Blues, sold that and bought a Mesa Boogie Heartbreaker, sold that and bought a Traynor YVC40, then a Marshall DSL401 and then back to the AD120VT with a VC12 floorboard. The deal on the 120&vc12 was great but the only thing now is I should sell one of the other amps and I don't know which one. The Vox is a great amp once you get to know now to use it correctly.

'05 Gibson '58 RI LP Std - Tobacco
    '06 Gibson ES-335 Block Inlay-Antique Red
    '07 Fender American Standard Stratocaster-Sunburst
    '07 Reverend ClubKing 290 - Black
    '07 Genz Benz Black Pearl 30-2x12
    '06 Fender DRRI
    '05 Seagull Artist Portrait AE
    '01 Marshall DSL401 Amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rabies
    Man, do you know how many people have seen you play some stuff out of one of these things and then go out and buy one? There's no way to really know, but I bet the figure would be astounding.
    I had already pretty much decided to buy one & then saw Robert's videos & that was that: Done Deal.

By the way, I think that Vood & I are unusual in finding out about The Fret through the pachtronix (a Vox Valvetronix) forum rather than through Dolphinstreet.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rabies
    Robert
    You should call Vox and negotiate a "referral fee"
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had already pretty much decided to buy one & then saw Robert's videos & that was that: Done Deal.

By the way, I think that Vood & I are unusual in finding out about The Fret through the pachtronix (a Vox Valvetronix) forum rather than through Dolphinstreet.

Yes, you are unusual. . . . .

sorry, just woke up. Early morning humor.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, that's how I found TheFret, as well...through patchtronix. :

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, so if I happen to choose the Roland Cube30x over the Vox AD30VT... am I going to have to keep it a secret from you Gents?

I did go to the store last week to demo one (Vox), but the sound room was occupied and I couldn't hang out any longer. I will give both consideration though.

Question for ALL you Vox users... I think I saw a dial on the back of the amp to drop the wattage. Is this really useful for getting 'driven' sounds at low output levels?

Cheers!

David
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    Question for ALL you Vox users... I think I saw a dial on the back of the amp to drop the wattage. Is this really useful for getting 'driven' sounds at low output levels?David
    Absolutely...one of my favorite features.

If you were looking at one of these, and are also considering a Roland Cube, I'll bet 5 bucks you would like the Vox more...almost every online instance of the modeling amp debate, people recommend the Vox over all the others.

Get it...you will love it! So versatile, and sounds so good...

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I purchased my AD30VT about 6 months ago and did a lot of research and took in a lot of advise. Not knowing anything about amps, I was at the mercy of people I respected and the reviews I read. This thread just continues to confirm I made the right decision.

I imagine they are just like guitars and you may never be completely happy, but this amp takes care of my needs.

Algonquin, to answer your question - yes. I use it late at night when everyone is asleep and I retain the sound that I would have at 30 watts. Sure it isn't screaming at me, but it gives me true feedback of what I am trying to obtain. Make sense? Sorry, no technical garble from this beginner.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast