Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo 3 - Finish the fight (Xbox 360)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Halo 3 - Finish the fight (Xbox 360)

I got Halo 3 on launch day, and if you like fps games then you will love this game. Its worth getting an Xbox 360 for just this game....Its THAT good.

: : : :
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll probably get the 360 and the game around X-mas!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I want one too really bad. Reeally bad. We used to have Halo competitions all the time at my friend's house. Now that I have a wide screen at home I'd love to have the system and all the Halos.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a new LCD HD-TV a while ago, games and HD video (even normal DVD´s) looks fantastic!
    The 360 can also play all your music, videos and display photos that you have on your computer, and you can do this over regular ethernet or WIFI.(even from a Mac using this app: http://www.nullriver.com/index/products/connect360 )

Robert, have you played the first two halo games? I really recommend that you do that if you want to understand the complex story of halo 3.
    Halo 1-2-3 = Masterpiece, and in my book fully comparable to the Star Wars movies.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Halo 2 for the old Xbox that keeps giving me trouble. I almost finished the game on the normal setting. I am not a skilled gamer but I like it in small amounts (just like with shredding )
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Swede are you at all familiar with the PC version of the first Halo? I've been wanting to buy it cause it's cheap. I'd rather play on a console but sometimes I'd like to play it on a PC during boring lunch hours.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    I got Halo 3 on launch day, and if you like fps games then you will love this game. Its worth getting an Xbox 360 for just this game....Its THAT good.

: : : :
    I've been a gamer for years on end.. I will not break down and buy a game console at the prices they ask when I have a perfectly capable computer that plays them better...

So many great FPS on the PC... Rainbow Six series.. is my favorate..
    FREE America's Army..hard to beat...

Microsoft has enough of my money already... I just wont do it!!

Man..I hope I don't do it...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

At some point a PS3 will be in my future, and along with it the likes of Half-Life 2 Orange Box and UT3. Oh boy! Mayhem!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

T2tb, I have both the Mac & Xbox version of Halo1. The computer version looks better (higher resolution) but Halo was designed with the xbox controller in mind, it just works better than with a mouse + keyboard. The 360 is backwards compatible with the xbox, so all the Halo games works (it even upscales and eliminate jaggies when you run it on a 360).

Justa, I agree that there are some brilliant games out there for computers but there is something special about the couch+beer+videogame+tv combo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Justa, I agree that there are some brilliant games out there for computers but there is something special about the couch+beer+videogame+tv combo.
    Do you realize I would have to play those games on a 53 inch tv!!
    Can you imagine how much higher my Beer Tab would be per month!!
    Do you know how comfortable that would be on the couch!!
    Can you tell me who is selling them the cheapest??

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Do you realize I would have to play those games on a 53 inch tv!!
    Can you imagine how much higher my Beer Tab would be per month!!
    Do you know how comfortable that would be on the couch!!
    Can you tell me who is selling them the cheapest??

Walmart?

Anyway, see you on xbox live then.. We could have our own Halo3 fretnet clan...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Hey Swede are you at all familiar with the PC version of the first Halo? I've been wanting to buy it cause it's cheap. I'd rather play on a console but sometimes I'd like to play it on a PC during boring lunch hours.
    I am not a gamer yet, but you fellows are getting my interest peaking. I just may have to go and purchase the PC version of Halo. Can this be bought a Wal Mart also?
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    I am not a gamer yet, but you fellows are getting my interest peaking. I just may have to go and purchase the PC version of Halo. Can this be bought a Wal Mart also?
    I have the PC version of Halo 1, and I enjoyed that game a great deal. It ranks up there with Diablo, Diablo II, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy as one of my favorites.

I don't shop at WalMart, but I've seen the game at Best Buy and Target, so it is pretty widely available.

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Tim, I've seen Halo for PCs at Walmart for $19.99 I'm gonna get it just to try it out. I'm already burnt out on playing Starcraft on the PC and I'm patiently waiting for Starcraft II.

Post Thanks / Like

ma, I hate new video games, I mean really, what I've seen from halo 3 and bioshock, most of that stuff just looks like you're cheating, whatever happened to those days playing DOOM in nightmare for hours on end with just a shotgun and a chainsaw between you and death? Whatever happened to good old fashioned just shoot the shit of 'em and then get to the exit?!?!
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pie_man_25
    ma, I hate new video games, I mean really, what I've seen from halo 3 and bioshock, most of that stuff just looks like you're cheating, whatever happened to those days playing DOOM in nightmare for hours on end with just a shotgun and a chainsaw between you and death? Whatever happened to good old fashioned just shoot the shit of 'em and then get to the exit?!?!

Damn good assessment.

I think the extra toys are fun though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Damn good assessment.

I think the extra toys are fun though.
    One of the cool things about Halo 1 is that you can only carry two weapons at one time (and some grenades). You have to strategize as not all weapons are effective against all enemies.

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    One of the cool things about Halo 1 is that you can only carry two weapons at one time (and some grenades). You have to strategize as not all weapons are effective against all enemies.

tung
    I'm anxious to try it out. I love first person action/strategy. The Metal Gear Solid series is a real winner with me. Often times you need to stealth your way into and out of situations.

I think I'll pick up that Halo for PC today.

Post Thanks / Like

Tung, you are absolutely correct. Halo is more about strategy than any other fps game. You cannot simply charge with your weapons blazin´ through enemy hordes. Every fight needs to be planned carefully. Do you stay behind with a sniper rifle when your fellow marines attack that hill, or would a diversion attack work best?

Tim, I think you will love this game. It has a very interesting story, and rock solid gameplay from start to finish.

Pie_man... what can I say.. just wait until you are faced with a Hunter with only a pistol. Thats as much adrenaline that you get without sticking your fingers in a Marshall Plexi power tube socket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast