Thread: String bends?

Post Thanks / Like

Default String bends?

Hello,

Do you all find yourself bending strings down as well as up? Is it beneficial to bend down as well as up? The only reason I can see is because there is more room to bend down on the fretboard on the lower strings or is there more to it?

Thank you for your time and help.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

I think you have it right.
    Obviously you wouldn't bend notes on the A string up very much. So I think it's whatever the situation calls for as to whether you go up or down. I even go down on the G and B strings if I feel like it. Sometimes it just happens depending on what I did right before it. It might be more fluid to go down in those instances so I do.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

On the bottom strings I bend up (E, B, G, D) but on the top strings I usually bend down (E, A) otherwise I end up bending the string off the end of the fret.

-- Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I just thought I might be missing something being somewhat of a newby and all.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

I bend up on the bottom strings (e, b, g, d) and bend down on the top two strings (a and d).
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.