Thread: Eric Johnson stratocaster & Fender Super-Sonic

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Eric Johnson stratocaster & Fender Super-Sonic

Played an Eric Johnson strat today. Wow. Vat a nice geetar! I was very impressed. This thing just oooozes quality. The neck is gorgeous, frets perfect, and the pickups sound just like heaven. This guitar must be one of the best Fenders you can buy.

I also played a Fender Super-Sonic amp. Wow again! I was very impressed. Fantastic tube tone and lots of versatility. Not that expensive either!

It has button that lets you switch between a Vibrolux and a Bassman sound. Very cool! There's also a gain channel, no metal gain here but nice, bluesy tube breakup. Go try this amp if you haven't. It might follow you home.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Fender Super Sonic Amp

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I also played a Fender Super-Sonic amp. Wow again! I was very impressed. Fantastic tube tone and lots of versatility. Not that expensive either!

It has button that lets you switch between a Vibrolux and a Bassman sound. Very cool! There's also a gain channel, no metal gain here but nice, bluesy tube breakup. Go try this amp if you haven't. It might follow you home.
    Hey Robert
    How much is this amp? and i'm guessing from what you said it is a tube or Valve amp?

Cheers
    GREENMACHINE
    Music Teach's You Everything School Can't!

"Guitars sing through the heart and soul alone but need you to put the feeling and passion into the music." Cavell Clearwater (GREENMACHINE)

GUITARS: Sunburst Fender VG Strat Maple Neck, Gibson Custom B.B. King Lucille, Zebra Wood Ibanez EW Series Acoustic.

PEDALS: Eric Clapton Crossroads Effects Pedal, Behringer Hellbabe Wah, Boss ME-70

AMP: Randall RG200G

Post Thanks / Like

You win, Robert:

Today I tried a Fender Blues Jr. and, as you’re saying, almost followed me home. Maybe next time it will for real.
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Robert,

I tried the Eric Johnson strat. This one is a great guitar. It has some very nice improvements to the basic Strat design that make it play better and sound better. I'd love to have one. I think that it's one of the best choices out there for a high-quality Strat. It's basically a custom-shop Fender for much less than the typical custom shop models go for.

-- Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Go try this amp if you haven't. It might follow you home.
    Robert!! You suppose to try out cheap equipment and get back with us..
    that guitar is about 1600.00 and the amp in 1x12 goes around 1200.00..

do you realize the effects you have on people..

They both are sweet looking though huh...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Greemachine, it is a tube amp. 60 watts. Almost a bit on the loud side. One thing I noticed, the bassman setting is significantly louder than the vibrolux setting. It has the typical great-sounding Fender spring reverb. I'd also say that the bassman setting sounded the best. I it also has an effects loop.

The Eric Johnson strat sounds just amazing. I was deeply impressed. It matches the Custom Shop strats in quality and tone without problems.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.