Thread: Behringer gm110

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Behringer gm110

I'm thinking about getting a factory refurbished one of these at a great price.

It is supposed to be a totally analog modelling amp that produces some very tubelike tones and sounds. It has a ten inch speaker and xlr DI output that can be useful in recording onto your computer. I'm not sure how a DI output would make it easier to record onto your computer but I imagine you can buy a small interface mixer that has an xlr input and has a processor/mixer and then plugs up to your computer with a usb cable.

Would you need software to do a good recording or does windows xp have a suitable program built in?

That's getting a little ahead.

The gm110: has anyone had any experience with it that they can share with me? I would strictly use it as a practice amp in my den and its thirty watts should be enough to provide an atmosphere of fine sounding rock and blues sounds if the amp is as good at doing what it does as the reviews say it is; and I'm playing at my best and in the groove.

I don't know if it really matters, but I have heard that the smaller amps produce better sounds in a small room for late night practicing at moderately low volumes. I live in the country and can groove out fairly unimpeded late at night.

Anyone use it to any extent?

Thanks in advance for the feedback,

Duffy
    Winfield, Pa
    mjbolduc@dejazzd.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duff
    I'm thinking about getting a factory refurbished one of these at a great price.

It is supposed to be a totally analog modelling amp that produces some very tubelike tones and sounds. It has a ten inch speaker and xlr DI output that can be useful in recording onto your computer. I'm not sure how a DI output would make it easier to record onto your computer but I imagine you can buy a small interface mixer that has an xlr input and has a processor/mixer and then plugs up to your computer with a usb cable.

Would you need software to do a good recording or does windows xp have a suitable program built in?

That's getting a little ahead.

The gm110: has anyone had any experience with it that they can share with me? I would strictly use it as a practice amp in my den and its thirty watts should be enough to provide an atmosphere of fine sounding rock and blues sounds if the amp is as good at doing what it does as the reviews say it is; and I'm playing at my best and in the groove.

I don't know if it really matters, but I have heard that the smaller amps produce better sounds in a small room for late night practicing at moderately low volumes. I live in the country and can groove out fairly unimpeded late at night.

Anyone use it to any extent?

Thanks in advance for the feedback,

Duffy
    Winfield, Pa
    mjbolduc@dejazzd.com
    I dunno.. Heck.. if you are able to get a refurbished (like new with warranty) one for LESS than the 99 dollars (or so) it's probably a good deal.. Behringer makes some great extreme budget gear.. I own a few of their goodys and have been more than delighted with them. And less then 3 digits for a viable practice amp is a good deal right there..

Just thinking out loud.. I've never tried the model in question.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Duff, I've got one and I really enjoy it. However, I have very little experience with the dark side. This is my first amp, and for a beginner like me it's great to play around with. The 99 preset effects give someone like me, with little experience, the chance to play around and see what's out there.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Ive never seen one up close, but If its similar to the gmx210 your gonna love it.

I think they've got the Marshall sound down pat for a modeling amp.
    Ron Paul is like Kryptonite to Tyranny

Guitars:
    MIM Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS73, Fender F210, Martin Backpaker Steel-String

Amps:
    Behringer V-Tone 2x10 60W, Marshall G10 MkII, Danelectro E-Studio Honeytone.

Pedals:
    Danelectro Corned Beef reverb, Johnson flanger, DOD FX25 envelope filter, Behringer Hellbabe wah, Digitech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

I had a GM110 prior to my Vox AD30. In some ways I wish I still had it as I loved the tones it could put out, the analog modelling is superb but I wanted a clean/dirty channel amp with reverb. I used to use the GM110 on tweed at a crunchy setting and ramp up and down on the guitar volume. The US higain sounds were tremendous however ude: - and its a loud little beast, plus well screwed together. The XLR out would be handy to go into a PA and use the amp as a stage monitor too. Its a cracking little amp - if I see a cheap 2nd hand one I could be tempted....
    Guitars Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, Peavey Generation EXP, Ovation Celebrity electro

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

Post Thanks / Like

I have owned the GM110 for several years now and am quite satisfied with it..hasn a great clean sound also!

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally bought one of these a few years ago and then it was stolen from me.

I wouldn't mind getting a replacement one if I could find one in mint condition - any ideas as to where to find one?

Thanks.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind

Post Thanks / Like

Oops, zombies!!!
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Damn Duffy.......you're the one who advised me to get my GM110 at www.audioallies.com a few yrs back. Geez, don't know where you could get a near MINT one. Seems like GOOGLE turns up nothing but USED ones. No new ones to be found.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That is basically a clone of Tech-21 TM-10 which is my all-time favorite bedroom amp. A VERY nice amp with analog modeling; sounds more 'tubey' and convincing than any real tube amp I ever had at bedroom volumes. Should be a very nice amp.

The D/I yields a tone similar to miking a cab with a 57 - not a modeler output, so you need to adjust EQ and add FX on your DAW later on, but it's a very good D/I sound, one of the best out there with the real Tech-21 and H&K RedBox which are very similar, and Marshall now also has a very nice one like on the JVM.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa View Post
    That is basically a clone of Tech-21 TM-10 which is my all-time favorite bedroom amp. A VERY nice amp with analog modeling; sounds more 'tubey' and convincing than any real tube amp I ever had at bedroom volumes. Should be a very nice amp.

The D/I yields a tone similar to miking a cab with a 57 - not a modeler output, so you need to adjust EQ and add FX on your DAW later on, but it's a very good D/I sound, one of the best out there with the real Tech-21 and H&K RedBox which are very similar, and Marshall now also has a very nice one like on the JVM.
    I thought this GM110 was a clone of the TM30, not the TM10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes. Though, it is the same amp, 10 and 30...just a little more wattage now. Only available in 30w now

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.