Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Pod

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pocket Pod

I just bought a pocket pod a few days ago and it's a nice little toy. It's a multi-fx module that fits in your pocket but not quite because it's a little too big for that. It's got a clip on it so you can clip it to your belt, pocket, whatever.

It's loaded with over 300 presets (I counted 347 I think) and there's going to be something for everyone. Using the controls takes a bit of learning but it's a snap once you get it. The presets are arranged very nicely and they fit in 3 catagories, STYLE, BAND, and USER.

STYLE is where you'll find effects as clean, crunch, heavy, effected, bass, vocal, and song. Song is a collection of popular songs like black dog, come together, foxy lady, ironman, etc. This is cool stuff here.

BAND is a collection of artists presets but I'm not familiar with them and what songs they play but there's a bit of good effects in there.

The above presets are read only, they cannot be written over but I think you can copy it and paste it to the writable preset.

USER is the best part of the pod. 124 presets avaliable for writing and they are loaded with a varieties of effects to start playing with. Line6 has an editor (Vyzex) you can downloaded and use it to write your patches via usb on your computer. Everything can be done with a mouse. The editor is well documented for usage but it's pretty easy to use. The pod can be written with the onboards too but that'll take a bit of learning.

Ok I had it for a few days and I consider it as one of the best buys on the market. The advantages are that it runs on batteries and used as a headphone amplifier. You can practice or play anywhere and bother no one. Cd or mp3 in to jam along with your favs and cab tuning to fit your PA or amp.

That's science in a pocket guys.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review! I might just go out and purchase one of those Pod Pockets.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Vedy intedesting, I must look into this further. Thanks for the review!

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Vedy intedesting? C'mon, it's more intedesting than that!
    Last edited by kiteman; October 2nd, 2007 at 03:12 PM.
    _____

_____

pes_laul Guest

kiteman great review: but a couple of questions what kind of batteries does it take? and can it take a power supply like a AC adapter for it I think I might get one i got the floor pod which is pretty nice but I want something a little more portableude:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    kiteman great review: but a couple of questions what kind of batteries does it take? and can it take a power supply like a AC adapter for it I think I might get one i got the floor pod which is pretty nice but I want something a little more portableude:
    4 AAA batteries or 9 volt positive shell power supply.
    _____

_____

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I won a eStudio HoneyTone Headphone Amplifier over on the Washburn forum and although it only has three effects, distortion, echo and clean. I will say they are a fun little toy. It came with headphones, but not an adapter. I have a bunch of adapters and found one that worked - makes a big difference.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--DANE15

Kite, I checked out the one you reviewed and it certainly provides a lot of effects. Does it come with headphones and adapter?
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    I won a eStudio HoneyTone Headphone Amplifier over on the Washburn forum and although it only has three effects, distortion, echo and clean. I will say they are a fun little toy. It came with headphones, but not an adapter. I have a bunch of adapters and found one that worked - makes a big difference.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--DANE15
    My son has one of those. I got it for him when he was seventeen & claimed that he wanted to learn the guitar. His is now 25 and just came over to the house last week to start learning

It's a cool little gadget & sounds much better'n'you'd think.

I told him to get an adaptor for it.
    I pick a moon dog.

pes_laul Guest

hmmmm now I'm debating is it easy to switch tones like clean to distortion while your playing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    hmmmm now I'm debating is it easy to switch tones like clean to distortion while your playing
    Probably not unless you can connect a foot controller of some sort to it.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

It didn't come with the ac adaptor nor the headphones. I guess you can switch from clean to dirty with a push on the button if you write your presets side by side. I believe that's going to be tricky because it uses a 4-way navigation button.
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like

Can it be used as a recording interface? If yes, GTRC here I come...

Reference this:
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=3072
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Not through the usb.
    _____

_____

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Adrian, I know little about the ins and outs of recording, but line 6 has a number of these products and you might want to see if there is something that suit your needs

http://line6.com/pocketpod/

Kite,

I was showing some of the guitar players at work your post - got them really excited about the pod. Nice review.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=just strum]Adrian, I know little about the ins and outs of recording, but line 6 has a number of these products and you might want to see if there is something that suit your needs

http://line6.com/pocketpod/[QUOTE=just strum]

Just Strum,
    Thanks for the link. I guess I'll just go for a Pod XT, so I can use it as a recording interface, like SuperSwede did with his jazzy take on the traditional Swedish song.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=3072

Great tune SuperSwede.:
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian30
    Just Strum,
    Thanks for the link. I guess I'll just go for a Pod XT, so I can use it as a recording interface, like SuperSwede did with his jazzy take on the traditional Swedish song.
    That's a nice selection. When I first started playing last year, I thought - ok, I'll buy one of those inexpensive Squiers and 15W amp and my expenses will be complete. Well, it's seven guitars and two amps later (not to mention all the other things) and I have to say I was way off on that cost estimate. Fortunately it isn't accompanied by sadness or disappointmentude:
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Found a Pocket Pod for $110 new and then take an additional 10% off for a limited time in case anyone is interested.
    http://www.music123.com/Guitars,Outl...7.Music123?o=1

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I found something more exciting, someone uploaded copies of the style and band presets so you can download them and put 'em in the user areas for tweakings.

I've been having a blast. ude:
    _____

_____

pes_laul Guest

if im right the pocket pod comes with a cd with a program to download presets?
    yeah im gonna have to test this out at the music store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast