Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who would you like to Play/Jam with.......

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to jam with anyone from TheFret. It would be a blast!

That said, I'd love to jam with George Lynch and Paul Gilbert. Or, rather, I would like to watch them play and pick my jaw up from the floor.

Of course Billy Gibbons would probably be a fun, laid back jam. Joe Bonamassa would be cool to jam with, too.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    That said, I'd love to jam with George Lynch and Paul Gilbert. Or, rather, I would like to watch them play and pick my jaw up from the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Josh Homme. He may not be a guitar virtuoso, but he is unique, and he seems like he'd be fun to jam with.

I had a good time jamming with BCDon a little while back, and I still plan on jamming with Heywood. Jamming with fellow Fretters is great!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

So many to choose from it would probably depend on my mood of the day.
    Slash, Page, Dime, Albert King, SRV, Jimi, Krueger, DeLeo brothers, Trujillo, Buddy Holly to name a few....

But if I really had to choose just one Id have to go with Joe Satriani. After all he taught Steve Vai and Kirk Hammett amoung others. If I couldnt pick up a few things from Satch especially if he took the time to show me stuff Id better just hang it up. I have to admit though....for me I really started to get into Satch after he joined up with Chickenfoot. At first I expected over the top leads alot like early Zakk Wylde stuff, Zakk's still out there but not as bad as he once was. However, Satch seemed to fit the groove more of a traditonal lead guitarist never really taking the solo's to over the top and mainting the vibe of the music without really over extending the song.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    I think I'd enjoy jamming and hanging out with George Harrison the most. Such an incredibly gifted musician and spiritual master.
    I'd have loved to play with George as well, since he's the reason I ever picked up a guitar in the first place. I tend to think that if I had gotten the opportunity to spend time with him I'd have never gotten around to playing because I'd just want to talk to him for hours on end as there are huge swaths of overlap in our thinking.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

You don't hear this guy's name mentioned too much but... John Scofield. Def has a unique style.

Post Thanks / Like

Roach Mulligan of course!,but to name a name you all might know it would be Suggie Otis!Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SemiHollow
    You don't hear this guy's name mentioned too much but... John Scofield. Def has a unique style.
    If I had the chance to jam with Scofield, it would go something like this:

Kat arrives with guitar and amph

Scofield starts to play

*THUMP* Kat passes out, after realizing that he's just not worthy

Scofield chuckles.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    If I had the chance to jam with Scofield, it would go something like this:

Kat arrives with guitar and amph

Scofield starts to play

*THUMP* Kat passes out, after realizing that he's just not worthy

Scofield chuckles.
    I'm not sure Sco would even get in the door before I passed out. I was awestruck enough seeing him play live a few years ago.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12