Thread: Time for a bone saddle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Time for a bone saddle

My success with the bone nut I made has encouraged me to try my hand at a compensated saddle for my fender dreadnaught. I am using the original as a template again, and the same techniques I used for the nut. I should have probably taken some before recordings of the guitar for comparison, but I forgot to. Another thought I had too late was to check the intonation before removing the strings to replace the nut, so I could fine tune the saddle positions from the original. Now I guess I will have to adjust it the next time I do a set up, if at all.
    Guit Boxes: 87 MIJ Strat, Ibanez MIJ RG540, Korean Fender Dreadnaught, The Loar LH-500 (1934 L-5 Reproduction)

Amp: Marshall TSL100 amp head with JCM900 1960 Lead 4 X 12 angled cab

Effects: Crybaby, TS10 Tube Screamer, Badder Bad Monkey, Boss Metal Zone

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will be very pleased with the tonal changes after installing a bone saddle navvid. The notes just seem to ring out more and come alive. I have bone saddles on all my acoustics.

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

I ditto GG's post navvid. You won't be disappointed.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Cut shaped and installed it. Initial impressions are, surprisingly, not that different. Definitely more treble. I also slightly lowered the action at the bridge on my 1st and 2nd strings and slightly raised my 6th, further compensated the saddle positions a bit. These things aside, I am not sure how my tone was effected over all. Maybe I was expecting such a change that I would have inevitably been disappointed. I will reserve further judgment until I play it and listen a little more. Will try to some pics and a sound clip soon.
    Guit Boxes: 87 MIJ Strat, Ibanez MIJ RG540, Korean Fender Dreadnaught, The Loar LH-500 (1934 L-5 Reproduction)

Amp: Marshall TSL100 amp head with JCM900 1960 Lead 4 X 12 angled cab

Effects: Crybaby, TS10 Tube Screamer, Badder Bad Monkey, Boss Metal Zone