Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member

Post Thanks / Like

Default New member

Hello everyone! I found this site through Dolphinstreet which I must say is a great and informative site.

I started playing when I was about 8 years old and fell in love with everything about guitars. I am 29 now and still feel like a kid in a candy store when I get near a guitar.

I grew up in Charlotte, NC and spent several years in the music scene around the area. I live in SC now and have been trying to get more into recording my own stuff at home.

I have a 1990 Sapphire Blue Strat Plus with lace sensors (I met John Fogerty the day I bought it and had him sign it on the back cover), Yamaha APX SPLII Birds Eye Maple Acoustic/Electric, Ibanez PF 12 String Acoustic, and just yesterday received a Walnut Satin Squier Standard Telecaster. I use an old Boss ME-6, it is old but does what I need it to do. I am waiting on a Digitech RP350, I played around with one for a little while at a local music store and was pleased with the unit. I also have a reissue Blues DeVille and American made Fender Princeton Chorus.

Anyway, as I said I stumbled onto this forum and have enjoyed reading through the posts. Matter of fact I purchased my Tele due Dolphinstreet and the various posts on this forum. Now I just need to set it up and bring out the full potential of this diamond in the rough.

Glad to be here!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome to the forum.
    I used to have a Yamaha APX too. Wonderful guitars.
    That Dolphin Street is a great site isn't it?

Hang tight. A bunch of the other members will be around shortly to say hello.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the warm welcome. Yes Dolphinstreet is an awesome site.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Chongmagic,

Welcome to thefret. I'm a new member here also and found my way to this place through Dolphinstreet (Q: How do you get to thefret? A: take a right off Dolphinstreet). I agree, Dolphinstreet is a great site and I think you will agree with me soon (if you haven't already) this is a great forum.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome chongmagic....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! I found this site through Robert and Dolphinstreet, too. This is a great place, with lots of good info. Enjoy!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome chongmagic

Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

There are lots of great old and new posts to go through here...

Enjoy
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Chongmagic and welcome to the Fret Net. This is one great forum and you will like it here.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome chongmagic! I still play my Squier Tele lots. It's a great guitar!

Glad you like my dolphinstreet too.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome O mighty Chong of Magic!

errrr, what'sa chong?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

From one forum newby to another, welcome, Chongmagic!!

I just joined about a week ago at the invitation of a friend from another forum. Like me, I think you'll find the members of this forum friendly and helpful. There seems to be a great attitude around here!!

Unlike others, I found Dolphinstreet through this forum, not the other way around. I'm still in the process of working my way through all the great instructional stuff on Dolphinstreet--give it a look and I think you'll find it useful.

Welcome, and looking forward to hearing more from you!

Dugly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    errrr, what'sa chong?
    cheech's buddy of course <cough> <cough>

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Chongmagic

I've only been here a short while and have enjoyed my stay.

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    cheech's buddy of course <cough> <cough>

ww
    Classic Warren!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard chongmagic!

M29

Post Thanks / Like

SlĂ*inte mhor a h-uile lĂ* a chi 's nach fhaic
    (Great health to you every day that I see you and every day that I don't)

Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

pes_laul Guest

welcome chongmagic i too also started when i was eight which was only five years ago

Warren i think some hotcakes are in due

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    Warren i think some hotcakes are in due
    ask and you shall receive!

ww

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast