Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Shop until you drop....

Thread: Shop until you drop....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shop until you drop....

I did a little shopping today, actually a little too expensive for me right now but I bought the Vox Tonelab. It was a bit more pricey than the AD30VT but since I mostly use direct recordings I decided to go with the Tonelab.
    Now time for unpacking ...
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, you'll be having fun recording now, yessir!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

hey ss....shopping must be in the air!

I just got home with my new agave blue mim telecaster!

I love this guitar....more details later tonight.

Here is a stock picture.

ww

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats SS.....Warren thats a nice looking Tele....
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Nice tele Warren, kinda Baby blue isnt it?

The tonelab is so fat! The AD30 I played in the store sounded very good, but this thing is THE TONE THING. The presets was rather dull (as usual they are trying to show you how many wild effects they can put into one patch). But when I started listening to the amps/cabinets alone the thing started to shine. Its really cool with the computer editor/librarian as well.
    The tube is a 12AX7 which becames rather hot, mine was a Electro-Harmonix. Does anybody here have experience of their tubes?

If anyone here buys one then we can exchange patches, it would be fun
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

SS - There is tons of suff for the Vox Tonelab over on this site. It is dedicated to any VOX Valvetronix. Look in the forum under "All Things Valvetroix: http://www.patchtronix.com/modules.p...BB2&file=index

Good Luck!
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Nice tele Warren, kinda Baby blue isnt it?
    hey ss...it is NOT baby blue

that stock picture does not do it justice. It is a medium blue with silver metaflake in it....i will try and take some pics tomorrow that show its color better.

I love this guitar!....definately the nicest guitar i have ever had!

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats SS and Warren. Rock out guys. Warren, that is a pretty Tele! Sunday, my friend and I went to a vintage guitar show in the suburbs south of Chicago. I didn't see anything that screamed out "take me home" but Paul found a sweet little solid bodied classical, kind of on the order of a Gibson Chet Atkins CE. It was made by Barrington Guitars back in the Eighties or so. At the time it was a $1,300.00 guitar. He put some fresh strings on it and plugged it into his Delta Blues 210 and damn it sounded nice. Its true forte is fingerstyle.

I picked up some strings (guitar and bass), a set of new Grover tuners, a way cool Dunlop "Preachin' Pipe" brass slide, and a setup/repair DVD. JelliFish picks had a booth (you have to try these!), and they were giving away free sets of their new "Hot Rods" Ti6061 anodized bridge pins. I was able to get two sets (silver and gold), and installed one in my Epiphone. Wow! The change in tone was definitely for the positive. They were offering the Jellifish picks at a special of buy two get one free, so I picked those up as well.

http://www.jellifish.com/

So, that's my shopping report.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Tim, thanks for the link!

Warren, I am looking forward to some pics of your bab..ahem..agave blue telecaster

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r_a_smith3530
    JelliFish picks had a booth (you have to try these!),
    i've seen these but haven't picked any up...maybe i will next time i see them.

Sounds like you guys had a fun time.

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Tim, I could not find any patches for the tonelab editor (*.TLP files)...
    If you find any, please let me know!

Post Thanks / Like

I will search for them tomorrow while I am at work. I'll PM the links to you.
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tim!

I found some on the web by searching google for *.tlp files But I am always looking to get more!

Post Thanks / Like

Super Swede,

I found the following websites that deal with the Vox ToneLab. I am not sure if you have the ToneLab or Tonelab SE pedal. These sites should provide most of what you’re looking for. Especially the Yahoo user’s Group

Here are 12 patches from the Valvetronix.net website:
    http://www.valvetronix.net/valvetron..._3_date_1.html

ToneLab SE patch Exchange:
    http://www.tonelab.net/

Here is a Yahoo ToneLab Users group. Once you join the users group you can review all the messages on ToneLab and in the files section on the left hand side of the screen, there a “patch Folder” with numerous patches available along other information. There are several other links devoted to ToneLab.
    http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/ToneLab/

I hope this information helps you become more familiar with your new ToneLab pedal.

Rock on!!!!
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    i've seen these but haven't picked any up...maybe i will next time i see them.

Sounds like you guys had a fun time.

ww
    Yes, we did that! If you get the Jellifish picks, you have to use a light touch with them, but you are rewarded with a sound that can almost be described as harp-like. It's a really pretty, shimmering sound. Not quite sure where I'll use it yet, but it is way cool.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the links Tim. I joined the Yahoo group.
    I got the Tonelab (not SE).