Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name my band!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Name my band!

All right, folks... here's the deal. Next Thursday (next week), we're going to a new venue and check out their open mic night. If all goes well, we'll be setting up to play there as a warm up to play at another place (we've got an open invite to come and play when we're ready), probably in the next few weeks. Problem is, we don't have a band name yet. Our focus is primarily country, with a few rockers thrown in for fun. Our singer and bass player are female. We've got a guy that can step in for a temporary drummer until we find a permanent one (I hope).

Any hints? Ideas? They would be greatly appreciated, and all serious ideas will be considered. The not-so-serious ones will be considered, too!

P.S. Just got back from practice, and added "If it Makes You Happy," by Sheryl Crow to our set list. The song rocks, and our singer nailed it!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

How about "Candy Corn"? Kinda sweet, kinda country.

I can't say that I approve of any Cheryl Crow songs after what she did to Kevin Gilbert and the guys from the Tuesday Night Music Club. If it wasn't for them she wouldn't have even had a first album. Do you see any writers credits for them?

Anyway...sorry about the rant.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

How about "Katastrophe at the barn!"

Really, band names are really hard to come up with. Most sound a little cheesy!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    . Problem is, we don't have a band name yet. Our focus is primarily country, with a few rockers thrown in for fun. Our singer and bass player are female. We've got a guy that can step in for a temporary drummer until we find a permanent one (I hope).

The name is in you last post. Country Rockers
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kat -

How about this: Spaghetti Western ?

It has a bit of country "kitsch", and like the B-movie counterpart, you guys are a little off the beaten path as far as a "traditional" country setlist goes.

Hey, a LOT of Sheryl Crow's music draws its inspiration from country tunes. I have all of her studio stuff, and absolutely adore her work. Both she and her band favor the vintage Fender sound, which I think fits her music perfectly. Plus, her songs are a lot of fun to play. Another one you should consider playing is "It's Hard To Make A Stand". Fantastic tune, easy to play, has a nice country feel.

Anyways, good luck with your gig, and remember, country can rock, too!

Post Thanks / Like

How about "Double Jointed"? There's enough double-entendres for three or four bands.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Myles Guest

Well after reading through your post a few times I came up with Open Flavor or Smooth Chops.

Post Thanks / Like

No offense but if the girls in the band are anything but slim and sexy you might end up with the nick name "Pork Chops".

Myles Guest

Well after reading through your post a few times I came up with Open Flavor or Smooth Chops.
    What was I thinking? Pork Chops is kind, Open Flavor would be even worse

I'll kindly advise you to not consider my suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

i kinda like Spaghetti Western....good idea nelski

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Spaghetti Strap Western!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll toss in "Korntry's Katastrophe"

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Spaghetti Western.... hmmm... interesting! Now ya got me thinking of movie titles (by way of brainstorming and free association)... or something involving the name "Bubba."
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Country Gizzards!! hehehehehe

Post Thanks / Like

The Count of Ry ? jeez that was a bad one
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Katastrophe – You have me totally in suspense. Have you come up with a name yet? I can’t sleep at night worrying about this issue.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope... no ideas yet. Still kicking around ideas. I was gonna have practice with the band tonight, but I couldn't make it... I like SuperSwede's idea, though. We could come out with satin capes and cowboy hats, kinda like a country version of KISS.
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Really, band names are really hard to come up with. Most sound a little cheesy!
    Hey, Crispy Noodle Band (our name) is not cheesy! I represent that remark SuperSwede!
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Rob, you could always add a little cheese yourself...

Why not "Crispy Noodle Band (With Cheese)"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast