Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The Fret dot Net Internet Jam

Thread: The Fret dot Net Internet Jam

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Fret dot Net Internet Jam

I would like to see if anyone would be interested in a collaborative jam. I'll come up with a good backer - in fact I have one in mind and will up it later for approval. So, anyone interested? You don't need a studio like Gilmour's to lay your piece down and participate. All I ask is that you mp3 encode your parts at a minimum of 160kbs. When complete you upload to box.net so I can fetch it and add it to the mix. Don't have a box.net account? Go get one, it's free.

Need recording software? Reaper is an incredibly feature rich, lightweight and ABSOLUTELY FREE product. Although I made the switch from Cubase to Tracktion, I still keep a copy of Reaper on the laptop because it uses very little system resources and supports all my VST plugins.

The amount of participants would be limited to the length of the track and time slots will be assigned based on that. Also, this is first come, first serve so people will be picked to participate in order of response. That's the most fair way.

This should be fun and, if well received, could become a monthly thing...
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default count me in

I think this is a great idea. I am intrigued by the idea of "non-simulataneous collaboration" this idea would create as well as hearing your finished edited product from all submitted parts. If this generates enough interest and happens, I am definitely down for being part of it.:
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean someone puts up a backing track, then one person does their thing for 60 seconds, then someone else does theirs and so on until the track finishes? If so we've been doing this just not much lately. It would be good to have someone spearhead this so that we get back into the swing of collaborating.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

This would be not only for instrumental jams, but also for covers that others have interest in.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Do you mean someone puts up a backing track, then one person does their thing for 60 seconds, then someone else does theirs and so on until the track finishes? If so we've been doing this just not much lately. It would be good to have someone spearhead this so that we get back into the swing of collaborating.
    Yeah it seemed to just die here...sigh.. I actually joined another forum under another name so I can continue messing like that..lol.. shhhh

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would like it to start up again. Like I said the "next purchase" thread, I am hopefully getting a Toneport next so I can record better at home. My input would be very amateur, so I would be interested in contributing on some recordings where that would be ok. I am not sure that is what Pete is looking for. It would also be fun to see the big dogs collaborate.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I would like it to start up again. Like I said the "next purchase" thread, I am hopefully getting a Toneport next so I can record better at home. My input would be very amateur, so I would be interested in contributing on some recordings where that would be ok. I am not sure that is what Pete is looking for. It would also be fun to see the big dogs collaborate.

I'm with Sunvalleylaw on this one. Maybe there could be a collaboration for us novices in addition to one for the advanced players. As for covers, I can sort of play White Room, part of Stone in Love (Journey), and am working on 867-5309 (Jenny). I love the 80s.

Hey Sunvalley... You didn't get the toneport yet? I remember that thread, it was quite a while ago. How have you not exploded from the GAS??
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jasongins
    I'm with Sunvalleylaw on this one. Maybe there could be a collaboration for us novices in addition to one for the advanced players. As for covers, I can sort of play White Room, part of Stone in Love (Journey), and am working on 867-5309 (Jenny). I love the 80s.

Hey Sunvalley... You didn't get the toneport yet? I remember that thread, it was quite a while ago. How have you not exploded from the GAS??
    Typical of me, to shop and research long before point of purchase. Ask DVM about how long it took me to get and amph. Hopefully have some B-day dough coming up so hope to close the deal soon.

I like the 80s too, and it would be fun to learn Jenny. My instructor and I have been working on Black Magic Woman (Santanna), and that is a fun one with lots of room for pentatonic jamming too.

As to separate tracks, I hope that the tracks where novices can join would also get visited by some of the big dogs, as we pups learn that way. ude:
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be in for this. Not sure how to test the size of the mp3 file to ensure it fits that guideline, because I'm doing mine on a standalone recording unit and then translating from WAV back to MP3. But if my file conforms, I'd be thrilled to take part.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the Reaper tip!! I spent some time yesterday working with it - much easier than Cubase and free!! sweeeet
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar