Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Gig Report/Pix
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gig Report/Pix

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Gig Report/Pix

So Saturday night Hoyt and the HotHeads played our first houseparty in a long long time. It was a "Halfway to Halloween" party so people were encouraged to wear half a Halloween costume, though only a few did. (I wore a black t-shirt with a friend's band logo, which is a Ouija board indicator, so it was at least vaguely Halloweeny.)

As it so happened, it was also my daughter's first high school homecoming dance (she was a volunteer on the refreshments/decoration committee), so I gave her a ride across town (she is in the International Baccalaureate program, which is a "magnet program," which school districts tend to put in schools on the proverbial "wrong side of the tracks"), since her high school was not far from where the party was.

On the way there, disaster almost struck. I stopped at a convenience store to get a disposable camera, while my daughter stayed locked in the car. Unfortunately, I left the keys in the ignition, and when she unlocked the car, it set off the dang alarm. The stupid alarm went on for like 3 minutes until it finally stopped.

To make matters worse, the alarm disabled the starter motor. I had to get out the car owner's manual to see how to re-engage it. Finally I got that sussed and we hit the road again after about a 10-minute delay. After I dropped off my daughter, I had to take a long bumpy dirt road out to the house where the party was. I finally found the place, without taking any wrong turns, only to discover that our new guitarist and our lead singer weren't there yet anyhow.

After they showed up, we got set up in the living room. We were a little cramped, but we did a 2-song soundcheck, got some beer, and did our set. I had planned to use my Peavey T-60 but the input jack was squirrelly, so I used my Ric 620 instead.

The set went really well. We did one new song, during the sound check, which is a cover of Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth." The party was a lot of fun, and since I don't get out much any more I saw a lot of people from our local "scene" that I knew but hadn't seen in a long time. I stayed for quite awhile, and stopped for junk food on the way home, finally getting in about 3:30 a.m.

Pics follow. As usual your comments on my poseritude are encouraged, and any questions happily answered.

Myself and our hostess, Hurricane Rebekah:

Our guitarist Chet:

Lots more to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Last edited by Brian Krashpad; October 15th, 2007 at 04:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post Krash. It's always good to see you having fun at gigs.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Thanks for the post Krash. It's always good to see you having fun at gigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

So did Hurricane or any of her friends try to put the moves on you due to your incredible poseritude?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    So did Hurricane or any of her friends try to put the moves on you due to your incredible poseritude?
    Well, the combination of my incredible uglitude and marriedmanitude somehow managed to overcome what I'm sure were their otherwise inexorable desires for such a result to obtain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Well, the combination of my incredible uglitude and marriedmanitude somehow managed to overcome what I'm sure were their otherwise inexorable desires for such a result to obtain.
    Unobtainitude does it's dirty work yet again .
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Great pix Unobtainitude dude... always with the energy!

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Always leave them wanting more ude: Or just bring Mrs. Krashpad along so she can go all Faith Hill on them when they rush the stage and grab ya by the junk!
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool pics Krash! Thanks for sharing.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Krash.
    How come you give us the PG photos here and post the topless ones on the Agile forum?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Krash.
    How come you give us the PG photos here and post the topless ones on the Agile forum?
    how do I get to the Agile forum???

Come on Washburnites, time to pull up stakes.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by t_ross33
    Always leave them wanting more ude: Or just bring Mrs. Krashpad along so she can go all Faith Hill on them when they rush the stage and grab ya by the junk!
    Haha, alas Mrs. Krashpad has outgrown live band parties with loud rock music.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Hey Krash.
    OK, you asked for it:

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I thought you meant topless women.

Never mind guys, we are staying put for now.

Geez Shiner, you're suppose to catch me when I make those stupid mistakes.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Strum, I can't watch you all the time ya' know.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

OK, you asked for it:

Nice 6 pack but you really need to get some sun

Me, I gotta keg and a farmer tan. The ladies love it. ude:
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast