Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Move along not much to see here!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Move along not much to see here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Move along not much to see here!

Hey guys ive been invited here to come check this place out. Hopefully ya'll are friendly,as it is much needed on the internet Oh yea my name is mudcat but you can call me mrmudcat:

Yes im another damn washburn forum cling-on

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey mrmudcat, welcome to the pit!

Glad to have ya.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

pes_laul Guest

welcome mr mudcat what kind of music are you into

Post Thanks / Like

...jus' movin' on...
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

HEY! Welcome Muddy.

Good to see ya.

For those that don't know mudcat - he's got a lot of knowledge of guitar wiring and Strat/Tele building (among other things). I've found him invaluable in the past. Great guy all around.
    Dreadman
    My Guitars

I didn't hear ya, there was something bluesy in my ear

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome MMC.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadman
    HEY! Welcome Muddy.

Good to see ya.

For those that don't know mudcat - he's got a lot of knowledge of guitar wiring and Strat/Tele building (among other things). I've found him invaluable in the past. Great guy all around.
    Great! We love those types 'round here.

Hey, Vood...another wiring weirdo

Welcome.

So let me pose this question to you (I've asked it in the thread on the Eastwood Tuxedo)

Is it possibly to wire a single coil pup to a continuously variable knob that connects to different windings as you vary the knob? The idea is to be able to change the effective number of windings (& hence the tone) at will.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    welcome mr mudcat what kind of music are you into

Blues,southern rock,rock(70-80's metal),jam band ,americana, front porch swamp music

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    front porch swamp music
    You've got a front porch swamp?!?

Don't mind the 'gators, they're just attracted by the smell of sweet-tea & sweating humans.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Hey, Vood...another wiring weirdo
    Cool! A kindred soul! Welcome, indeed, Mr. Mudcat. Glad to have you here at TheFret.... ude:

Is that Valve Jr. half-stack I see there in your avatar? Done any mods on the head?
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Muddy... Velkommen!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi ya Muddy.
    It's your turn to buy the beer. Thank the other Washburn folks for that one.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

mudcat,

Good to see your arrival. Based on some of your posts over on the forum, I think you will like the threads that you find here. Just seems to be a bunch of guys that want to bounce ideas off of each other.

I will admit, I couldn't figure out your subject line.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Finally, it's someone else's turn to buy the beer! Hey mudcat, welcome aboard brother.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you here mrmudcat :

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

welcome mrmudcat....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I'll join the rest of the Washburn Invasion crew to say welcome to The Fret, Mr. Mud!! You'll like it here; seems like a great bunch of members who, like us, are just guitar crazy, and that's that!!

Lots of cool boards on this forum, too--your engineering expertise will definitely be "tapped" here, let 'em see what you're about!!

Haven't seen much about lap steels here, though--maybe you can bring out the best in this bunch and get 'em excited!

Again, welcome, and good to see yet another forum friend on this side of the street, too.

As for refreshments, take up the Washies on their offers of , run like hell if you're offered

Oh, yeah, don't expect Shiner to be any better here than he is on the other side of the street, either.

Gotta wonder if he's mentioned this site to CB???????? Naah, she'd

Dugly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YerDugliness
    Haven't seen much about lap steels here, though--maybe you can bring out the best in this bunch and get 'em excited!
    I love the sound of lap (& pedal) steels. How are they to play?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a 59 supro studio lapsteel in my avitar with original ry cooder pup................What can I say,laps,resos=swamp music

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast