Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Ideas on the Danelectro "corned beef"

Thread: Ideas on the Danelectro "corned beef"

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ideas on the Danelectro "corned beef"

I see Big Rob uses a "corned beef" reverb pedal.

I just picked one up and am wondering if anyone else can turn me on to some of their favorite settings or other pertinent info that might help me with placing and using this pedal most effectively.

I'm barely getting used to it. Only had it two days.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one of those, too, to give some space to the tones from my Valve Jr. As you know, it's very cheap as reverb pedals go, so it basically only has one sound and it'll never be confused by anyone for a Fender reverb tank! Actually, the effect it produces sounds more like a slapback echo than true reverb. I read where somebody described it as sounding like "playing in your bathroom", and that's a pretty good characterization!

I found that if I set the Mix knob somewhere between 11 and 1 o'clock, I get a fairly useful tone. Lower than that and it really doesn't add much of anything; higher than that sounds very artificial to me. As far as the Hi-Cut control goes, just twiddle that to taste. I leave it right around 12 noon.

If you're looking for high quality reverb sounds that will at least approach the quality of a good tank, you'll need to spend quite a bit more. The Digitech DigiVerb gets consistently good customer feedback, but it'll run you $100 new....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Or you can get a fantastic Lexicon LXP-1 reverb I like I have for under 100 bucks on eBay...it's a studio reverb - not a pedal, but I use it for my amp with fantastic results.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Ill post my settings when I get home. I love that little pedal, its got great reverb. I can however say that I have it at the end of my f/x chain.
    Ron Paul is like Kryptonite to Tyranny

Guitars:
    MIM Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS73, Fender F210, Martin Backpaker Steel-String

Amps:
    Behringer V-Tone 2x10 60W, Marshall G10 MkII, Danelectro E-Studio Honeytone.

Pedals:
    Danelectro Corned Beef reverb, Johnson flanger, DOD FX25 envelope filter, Behringer Hellbabe wah, Digitech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully that helps you out.

Mix at 12:00
    Hi-Cut at 2:00
    Ron Paul is like Kryptonite to Tyranny

Guitars:
    MIM Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS73, Fender F210, Martin Backpaker Steel-String

Amps:
    Behringer V-Tone 2x10 60W, Marshall G10 MkII, Danelectro E-Studio Honeytone.

Pedals:
    Danelectro Corned Beef reverb, Johnson flanger, DOD FX25 envelope filter, Behringer Hellbabe wah, Digitech Bad Monkey