Thread: Squier Telecaster video clip

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Squier Telecaster video clip

I recorded a short video clip yesterday, using my Vox AD50VT on the Blackface setting. I've been close to replacing the pickups on this Tele, but with the right amp setting, it sounds not too bad. See

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitars/squier_telecaster

Scroll down to October 2005 and click on the link there to play the video clip. Let me know what you think! I am using only the bridge pickup, with the tone knob rolled down slightly.

The problem is that the neck pickup is so much darker and muddier that it's almost impossible to find an amp setting where I am able to use the bridge pickup for a while and then use the neck pickup - they are so different sounding. I end up twisting the tone knob like I'm obsessed.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Robert! I wouldn't change the pickups with that sound you are getting from them. The clean tone sounds like it was made from a much more expensive guitar.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tremoloman! I am digging it more now after changing strings

I guess I'll keep the pickups for a while yet.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert,

If ever the notion arises that a player's own sound comes from this own hands...you've just proved it again. I can distinctly tell your playing style even when you're on the Strat or something else. I can especially hear it on this video. No one will ever sound like you. Ever.

If you rolled down the tone pot on the guitar I'd say use those pickups for awhile till you get the itch to buy your Fralins. Clip sounds good as always buddy.

Rob
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks my brother! So I have a distinct style eh? Never thought of that! I guess years of trying to play at least makes a person sound somewhat distinct (or should that be extinct?)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah even I THINK I have my own style. Sound and style are in the hands of the magician bro.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Robert - the last part of your Tele jam sounds quite Robben Ford-ish. Cool! And, Tone is spot-on when he says that the magic is all in the hands / fingers. Keep those clips a comin' . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Nelskie! I do like Robben Ford, haven't listened to him in a long time though.

I've got a new clip today...