Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Musicians Gear LP hardshell case

Thread: Musicians Gear LP hardshell case

Post Thanks / Like

Default Musicians Gear LP hardshell case

Just got the Musicians Gear Les Paul hard shell case from Musicians Friend.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ase?sku=540949

I was looking for a more protective long term storage and sturdier travel case than a gig bag for my Epiphone Les Paul. I have one Epiphone case so I'll compare it to that.

The outside is all covered in a black Tolex type material and it has a chrome metal bumper at the body end instead of the four chrome feet the Epi cases have. The inside is soft and completely glued correctly. The padding all the way around and at the ends isn't quite as thick as the Epi case. There is a small inner storage compartment for smaller things. 4 buckles instead of the Epi's 5. It isn't quite as heavy duty as the Ephiphone cases, but it does come with 2 keys for the lock.

The price is $20 less than an Epiphone Les Paul case, but if you are interested in a more sturdy protection for an extremely long term investment guitar then I would suggest to skip this case. However, it would be a good addition to sweeten a deal if you are trying to sell a guitar. You can charge more for the whole deal and get enough extra cash to get a better case for yourself and still make that buyer a happy person with a new case.

In summary: Good but not real good. 4.25 on a five scale.
    Last edited by Spudman; October 19th, 2007 at 08:19 AM.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

A very good, honest review Spudman.

Thanks for taking the time to post this for everyone.

Much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    In summary: Good but not real good. 4.25 on a five scale.
    How about 33.15 on a 39 scale? 128.35 on a 151 scale? 5706.05 on a 6713 scale?

Seriously, I bought the Epiphone LP H/S case a couple of months ago for my new '56 Goldtop. That guitar came to me in a Tele/Strat rectangular case, and the angle of the LP's headstock caused it to rest on the back of the headstock and not be supported by the crosspiece in the case! Not good at all, so I ordered a proper Epi LP case from MF. Nice case for the money. Quite solidly built, very well padded, and the latches seem to be of good quality. Fits my Goldtop like a glove, and the neck is properly supported now. BTW, I saw a couple of comments on MF about some of these cases having a strong and unpleasant smell, but mine is absolutely fine in that regard. Bottom line: nice case and well, well worth $60!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

The case I mentioned does fit like a glove too. I just don't think it is quite as high quality as the Epi. Still a good case for the money and it smells fine. People had mentioned the smell on these too.

BTW Voodoo - you is makin my hed spin wit all dat math stuff. Cut dat out.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the same case for my Les Paul Studio. For $40 it can't be beat. It's a big step up from the gig bag that my Gibson came with. If I were gigging with that guitar I probably would have sprung for a heavier duty case though.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    That guitar came to me in a Tele/Strat rectangular case, and the angle of the LP's headstock caused it to rest on the back of the headstock .....
    Still have the Tele case? I'd like to upgrade my Nashville's gig bag....

Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

Well, as it happens, I have a Nashville Tele (not the Power version) that came with a gig bag, same as yours. So I use this case for that guitar now, which fits it perfectly. Sorry, man!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Spud does your agile fit in it?

Post Thanks / Like

I'll check later and let you know. Be sure to check back tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

These are marked down to $39.99 right now. I've been pretty happy with mine.
    Check this out