Thread: A blast from the past

pes_laul Guest

Default A blast from the past

I was looking through some stuff and came along this CD back from when i was just starting to play my guitar. it's recorded on a squire strat (which is now broken ) Thx to my dad for playing drums and bassude:
    Tell me what ya think (even know the lead is kinda mediocre)

http://www.box.net/shared/t3x0ryebmi
    Last edited by pes_laul; October 21st, 2007 at 06:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I had trouble playing that file, does it work for anybody else?
    I pick a moon dog.

pes_laul Guest

there it should work now

Post Thanks / Like

WAY better than I could ever do, Pes!! You did lead lines that well when you were just starting to play?? Keep it up!!

Dugly

pes_laul Guest

aw your flattering me that was done when i was playing for about 6 months back in 2004 so i was about 10 years old.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds nice. It's good to keep recordings like that for the nostalgia as you grow and progress. Thanks for sharing.
    Dreadman
    My Guitars

I didn't hear ya, there was something bluesy in my ear

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey, that is cool Pes! Do you have just the backer without lead? It would be fun to play with.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great Pes Laul

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Hey, that is cool Pes! Do you have just the backer without lead? It would be fun to play with.
    yeah i made two tracks with with lead and a backing track

Post Thanks / Like

Quite good at 6 months of playing. The point of playing is to getting better, right? Do you have more recent stuff for comparison then?

I also hear some rhythm on the tune (especially around 50 seconds in) that sounded quite good. Is that you too?

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aeolian
    Quite good at 6 months of playing. The point of playing is to getting better, right? Do you have more recent stuff for comparison then?

I also hear some rhythm on the tune (especially around 50 seconds in) that sounded quite good. Is that you too?
    yeah originaly my dad did the rythm to a drum machine then i came back and redid the rhythm and put down some lead then my dad tracked in bass and drums. good ol' multitracking though sometime I'm gonna redo the lead cuz it wasn't that great/