Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Discovery launches in Tminus 9 minutes.

Thread: Discovery launches in Tminus 9 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Discovery launches in Tminus 9 minutes.

Tim, Spud, Warren et. al. Watching it live right now.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Oh, and the two ladies are pretty hot too!

Btw-- I'm just kidding. These are respected scientists doing a job most could only dream about!

Post Thanks / Like

Flight into orbit was a success. What an amazing journey man I would love to be able to experience that. Only takes 9 minutes to get into Earth's orbit...crazy. ISS and Shuttle will be flying over my house tonight at 6:53PM and 7:05PM flying from NNW to SSE. I'll be watching the night skies for that. Forgot you were in FL Brian.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Flight into orbit was a success. What an amazing journey man I would love to be able to experience that. Only takes 9 minutes to get into Earth's orbit...crazy. ISS and Shuttle will be flying over my house tonight at 6:53PM and 7:05PM flying from NNW to SSE. I'll be watching the night skies for that. Forgot you were in FL Brian.
    Yeah, the Orlando/Daytona TV channel always has coverage, but I tend to forget and more often watch local (Gainesville) news. I've lived here since the 70's but only got down to KSC for the first time a couple years ago, with my son's Cub Scout troop. We got to stay in the Visitor's Center overnight and sleep under the Saturn V. I highly recommend a visit to KSC for anyone interested in that sort of thing. Also, you can pull some G's in a centrifuge just down the road at the Astronaut Hall of Fame.

Post Thanks / Like

Tremendous fotos Brian thanks for posting those. I've yet to get to FL but if I do I'm so there (KSC).

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Tremendous fotos Brian thanks for posting those. I've yet to get to FL but if I do I'm so there (KSC).
    It's really cool. Pictures don't do justice to the really massive buildings (like the Vehicle Assembly Building) and launch pads.

They also have some kind of attraction thingy where they simulate a launch where you're in the control blockhouse and when they get down to zero the whole place kind of rumbles. And a mockup of the space shuttle Explorer, so you can see how big it is, and the cargo bay and cabin. And IMAX movies. All kinds of cool stuff.