Thread: Ed Roman - Guitar Builder to the Stars

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ed Roman - Guitar Builder to the Stars

Ed Roman has been collecting / building guitars for well over (30) years, and has earned quite a reputation amongst some of rock n' roll's elite players, including one of my all-time fave six-slingers, the Reverend Billy G.

I've had this site bookmarked for quite awhile, and it escapes me as to why I haven't posted it on The Fret.Net. There's tons of photos and interesting guitar information to be found here:

http://www.celebrityrockstarguitars.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Ed is amazingly outspoken. I love his rants and views on what we have all been taking for granted. It's lovely to have someone so outspoken who "tells it like it is. " I have a lot of respect for Ed and his sense of humor. Tweeee!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I don't know much abou him, but I have heard lots of disgust for him on the Fender Forum, but in any case, he must be a good business man.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I too am finding it hard to believe that I am hearing good things about Ed Roman. At TGP they strongly advise people to steer clear of anything remotely linked to Ed Roman.
    GUITARS
    '05 Fender MIM Standard Telecaster, '05 Stellar Mercury 01 (LP copy), '05 SX Jazz/P-bass clone, '05 Artisan lap slide, '85 Fender MIJ Stratocaster, '68 Gibson Melody Maker, '06 Peavey JF-1

AMPS
    Tech 21 Trademark 10, SWR LA-10, Roland Cube 60 (soon!)

EFFECTS
    Budda Bud-Wah, Pedalworx HellBaby, Danelectro Dan-Echo, Danelectro Tuna Melt, Crybaby volume pedal,
    Bayou, AXL & Monster cables, Snake Oil Brand strings

Post Thanks / Like

I have never bought anything from Ed Roman, but I understand that he has an amazing collection of prime quality guitars in his store in Las Vegas. One of these days I want to visit his place.

It's strange but the postings I see about Ed Roman are either extremely negative or extremely positive, there seems to be no in between. He is one of those guys who will either irritate you or impress you I suppose.

On the positive side, the guys seems to know a lot about guitars and how the different brands compare with each other, especially the very high $$ ones. On the bad side, I've read that he is extremely opinionated and will actually try to talk people out of certain brands, or bad mouth them and call you an idiot for wanting to buy certain gear.

All I know is that he has really nice stuff in his shop. I've heard that you have to make an appointment to go in and try the guitars or risk getting chased out of the place. I don't know if that's true or not.

-- Jim

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I emailed him once about some info about Steinberger guitars, and although did respond to my question, he basically said something along the lines "don't expect any answer to such questions again, I'm a busy man".
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Is he the one that knocks PRS guitars and yet modifys them and sells them?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz