Thread: Sven Zetterberg

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sven Zetterberg

For you blues lovers - check out Sven Zetterberg. Not only is he a great blues guitar player, he's also a great blues vocalist. He's from the Chicago style of blues.

Listen to him at http://hem.passagen.se/svenzetterberg/

Cool site too!

(Guess what country he is from....hehe)
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...nice voice and playing... was listening to his "im in the wrong" and he sounded like Robert Cray to me... guy has talent... thanks for the link robert..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

The Swedish Master Blues Man has a new album out. Kicks butt!

http://www.svenzetterberg.com/

When you get to his site, click on Jukebox on top right. This man is such a great bluesman, you gotta check him out if you like the blues.

Who knew a Swede could play the blues that good?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Is he related to my hero Henrik?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Who knew a Swede could play the blues that good?

http://www.skyhighblues.com/
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Clas is good too. I just love Sven Zetterberg's old school blues style. Sounds very non-Swedish (in a good way).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Yep, Clas is good too. I just love Sven Zetterberg's old school blues style. Sounds very non-Swedish (in a good way).
    I agree, a fantastic player...

Another incredible old school blues player is Fjellis.. but I dont know if he have made solo albums.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey that is some swinging stuff. Fun to listen to and learn from. I love the vintage sounding stuff.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Hey that is some swinging stuff. Fun to listen to and learn from. I love the vintage sounding stuff.
    not to mention the vintage satin threads.

I agree, good stuff.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

One upon a time, still in my Fender days, I witnessed Sven playing live in a hotel lounge all on his own. This man can move mountains. It is great that you mention such a great European blues musician.

Regarding Clas Ingström I can only say that this man is a "god"! He has one of the best Strat sounds I have ever heard and his renditions of the Hendrix material are the best.

I always said - and it was no joke - I believe that the best guitarists in Europe come from Scandinavia! Looking forward to taking part in Mathias "IA" Eklundhs Freak Guitar Camp in Stockholm....(although this guy ist not blues...)
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)