Thread: 27min. Spider Valve video

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation 27min. Spider Valve video

Hey, I found that large video (with loads of sounds) which I find gives a very good overall impression of that new Line6 amp.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...tid=1258439350

Still I am not sure what to think of this amp. I have to play and hear it myself.

Greetz and enjoy the video

Jimi
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post Jimi! ude:
    Gearlist:
    Guitars
    - Kramer Pacer Deluxe (’87) with SD pickups
    - EBMM 25th Anniversary hardtail
    - EBMM Axis Super Sport hardtail
    - Squier CV Tele (Reliced!)
    - "Relic Wallpaper Squier ’51 (heavily modded)
    - Custom made Precision type bass with EMG pickup and custom paintjob

Amps
    - THD Univalve
    - Tech21 Trademark 10
    - 2x12” Tube Town "flexi-back" cabinet, with Celestion Speakers

Effects, etc
    Peterson Strobostomp, Budda Bud-wah, BYOC Script Phaser, Proco RAT (original), Boss HM-2 (modded), EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Line6 M13 Stompbox Modeller, Axon AX-100 MkII, Digitech GSP1101/Control2

Visit my page on myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/thegenusloci

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was looking for an amp I took about 3 to 4 months before I settled on my AD30VT. Line 6 was in the running at the beginning, but the more reviews I read and the more times I tried it out I ended up with the Vox. During that search I eventually got turned off by Line 6, although there are many people out there that would go with Line 6.

I don't think Line 6 did themselves a great service with the presentation. Too much talk and not enough quality samples. I would b e interested in hearing from anyone that has tried out this amp. I'm not in the market, but I have a couple of friends that are.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

very interesting, I'd love to try one.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vox vs Line 6

I had a Line 6 Spider ll and traded it in on a VOX AD30VT which I loved. Unfortunately it didn't take long before it died and warranty service was bad. I then bought a newer Line 6 Spider lll, it's a very good modeling Amp but just doesn't appeal to me very much. I am now going to buy a Kustom 36 Coupe tube amp.
    Agile AL3000 Lefty
    Alvarez RD20L Lefty
    Blueridge BR-70 Lefty
    FenderMIM Strat Lefty
    LTD Viper400 Lefty
    Fender 50th Deluxe Lefty
    Fender MIM Telecaster Lefty
    Line6 Spider lll 75 righty
    VOX AD50VT 212 righty

Post Thanks / Like

I just traded in a Line 6 Duoverb combo for a Fender Vibrolux. The Duoverb was a pretty decent amp, but lacked that upper end brilliance...the cabinet was HUGE.

I owned a Line 6 Flextone III Plus in the past and thought it was a cool amp actually...not as lively as a Vox modeler, but some of the models on the Flextone III were pretty good.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.