Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What's the 1 pedal you cannot live without? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the 1 pedal you cannot live without?

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. Part of the DigiTech X-Series pedals, and probably the best-sounding one of the whole lot. I might be biased, tho'. Anyways - check it out here:

http://www.digitech.com/products/tonedriver.htm

There's some sound clips there, too - bottom right hand side of the page. I believethese pedals go for around $79.99, although you may be able to get one on Ebay like Voodooman did for $35 - $40. I bought mine new. The pedal also came with a DigiTech gig-pack bonus offer, which included a nice 10' braided cloth-type cord, a small padded pedal bag, and a big packet of picks. The picks are those super slippery ones, but I made them usable by sanding both sides with 100-grit, and hitting them with a light mist of 3M spray-mount. Voila' - sticky pix!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    is that a discontinued model?...
    Nope!

Tone Driver @ Musiciansfriend.com

Or you can look for a used one on eBay, where I got mine for $33....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    Nope. Part of the DigiTech X-Series pedals, and probably the best-sounding one of the whole lot. I might be biased, tho'. Anyways - check it out here:

http://www.digitech.com/products/tonedriver.htm
    man....i thought i checked every link on that site...oh well

thanks

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Tone Driver and Bad Monkey. I think the Monkey gets more bottom but the Driver is very flexible. I like them both a lot.

Check Harmony Central classifieds too. I got my Monkey there really cheap. $35 shipped like new with box and instructions. If you are patient you might find the Tone Driver there as well in case you can't find a deal on the bay.

The TB-4 actually has a "reverse" suck mode which is located in the mid position. Use sparingly because in this position you'll spray the audience with any food particles that haven't digested yet.

Oh, there is also a "hold" function so you can suck for a really really long time. You can leave the stage and still be sucking.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I must thank Lava Man over on the Seymour Duncan Forum for the Pic of the TB-4 I wonder if the Mk2 will have an inspiration Knob
    To Old To Die Young
    Epi Les Paul
    Vox Valvetronix AD 100 vt

Post Thanks / Like

The only pedal I can think of that I absolutely couldn't do without is my old DoD Bi-FET Pre-Amp, and the only reason for this is that the pickup in my Epiphone acoustic is one of the old skool Fishman passive piezo's (Thinline 332).

All of my other pedals enhance certain aspects of my playing, but aren't absolutely needed.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

After playing with my Daz Fuzz pedal a few weeks now, I have to say I can no longer live without it! It is numba 1, shared with the Bad Mo and the Blue Mo!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert – 1 + 1 + 1 = 3. I believe the tile of the post reads: What's the 1 pedal you cannot live without? So let’s get down to the nitty gritty and fess-up what is truly the 1 pedal you cannot live without? It is decision time.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Okey. It would have to be the BD-2 then.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

The one pedal that I can't live with out...other than my bicycle pedals...I would have to say my Analog Man modified Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer. It is the pedal that I've had the longest and used the most consistently. I've had it since 1978. That's 30 years. I've played every gig with it since I bought it. But...now that I have a Bad Monkey...hmmm.
    Last edited by Spudman; October 29th, 2007 at 01:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert
    Is Daz Fuzz still your number one?

Post Thanks / Like

No. I don't think I have a number one pedal! [the truth is out there...]

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Monkey, wont give it up!
    Guitar/ Ibanez GAX 70, Squier standard Strat, Epi plus top Honey Burst
    Amps/ Epiphone Blues Custom 30, Fender XP Vibro Champ 5 Watt tube Amp
    Randall RX 15
    Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

Times change, and so does my #1 pedal. Right now, it's a 3-way tie:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, my top 2 pedals right now are the 19 Sixty 3 and the ZYS... DVM's ZYS is fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Well if it is a tie why don't you just put them all in one box? Now that is a challenge for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Times change, and so does my #1 pedal. Right now, it's a 3-way tie:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I have to say, my top 2 pedals right now are the 19 Sixty 3 and the ZYS... DVM's ZYS is fantastic.
    No fair! The thread is which one pedal.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Can't Live Without...

My Hartke Bass Attack and my Boss Bass EQ. :
    God Wants Spiritual Fruit, Not Religous Nuts!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, right now my #1 pedal is my Maxon SD-9. Ask me next week and I might answer differently....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast