Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What's the 1 pedal you cannot live without?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the 1 pedal you cannot live without?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's the 1 pedal you cannot live without?

I'm eager to hear your responses...

Right now, mine would be the Digitech Jimi Hendrix pedal. It does so much with only 1 box!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of that pedal. Start another thread and brag about it!

Mine would be the Bad Monkey or the Blues Driver or the Micro Amp - can't pick which!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really not a purist. Lately I've been playing straight amps with no pedals. Except I been using my Bad Monkey a lot lately...so I guess I have to say the Bad Munkayyyyy.

I will say this though. My best friend is not a pedal...but the volume knob on my Stratocaster sure is. I had forgotten how well the volume pot actually WORKS on the Strat. My Gibson could sure stand a pot like that.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a major effects fan either. Nowadays so many players seem to hide behind effects to mask their inability to play. If you go to your local dealer, try the Hendrix pedal on #7 in the clean and distorted univibe setting - you'll be hooked! It has the exact tone as Jimi used at Woodstock and the New Year's Eve BOG show. 'Machine Gun' is at your fingertips!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I like to HIDE behind my BD-2 or I stink like BO... Now if I could just keep this Bad Monkey off long enough to use the BD I would be a happy camper... umm for now.

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Never heard of that pedal. Start another thread and brag about it!

Mine would be the Bad Monkey or the Blues Driver or the Micro Amp - can't pick which!
    Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the Bad Monkey and the Screamin' Blues?

Post Thanks / Like

The mun-kaaay is sooo fun-kaaaay! Such a warm, pleasing tonal effect with so many different amp / guitar combinations. And she'll bark when you need her to! Yep, an easy pick for me, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Right now my favorite pedal is the Pedalworx HellBaby light OD. Very touch responsive, no compression or tone coloration, no tone sucking, just GREAT tone. Only 25 made.
    GUITARS
    '05 Fender MIM Standard Telecaster, '05 Stellar Mercury 01 (LP copy), '05 SX Jazz/P-bass clone, '05 Artisan lap slide, '85 Fender MIJ Stratocaster, '68 Gibson Melody Maker, '06 Peavey JF-1

AMPS
    Tech 21 Trademark 10, SWR LA-10, Roland Cube 60 (soon!)

EFFECTS
    Budda Bud-Wah, Pedalworx HellBaby, Danelectro Dan-Echo, Danelectro Tuna Melt, Crybaby volume pedal,
    Bayou, AXL & Monster cables, Snake Oil Brand strings

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I can live without any pedals. I've been backing off on the effects on the AD30VT too. Enjoying that parched, parched dry tone. The only effects I use with any regularity are a touch of chorus or reverb on clean tones or a touch of delay on distorted tones. I only use the TO800 to turn the UK70s model on the Vox up to 11.

I'm with Tone on the volume pot usage. I never really touched mine until I visited this forum. It's amazing what you can do with it.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

tehuti

The Bad Monkey doesn't really color your tone. The Screamin Blues gets more of a midrange boost. Go for the Monkey. The Digitech Tone Driver is very similar to the Monkey but digital.

Can't live without? I usually have something to push the front of the amph like Tube Screamer, DS1 etc. But since the Monkey came along I'm eating a lot more bananas. Just look at my avatar photo. I'm voting Bad Monkey closely followed by a Crybaby.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

as "someone" on this forum said "bad monkey is a good monkey"

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

The G.A.S pedal
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    The G.A.S pedal
    Amen, bruddah! I can't stay off that one, either!

Seriously, I just love the Digitech Tone Driver (used) I picked up on eBay. Best $33 I've spent in a long time. It's "morph" control turns it into kind of a Bad-Monkey-on-steroids. They even give you some control setting combos to emulate vintage OD pedals including the Ibanez TS-9 and TS-808 Tubescreamers and the DOD 250. Essential tones for a big SRV fan like me!

Nelskie loves his Tone Driver, too. He did a posting on it back in December, HERE.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I gotta tell ya that I love the Digitech RP-80. It does more than my old, expensive, heavy, temperamental rack setup used to do, at a fraction of the cost. Wanna wah? There's an expression pedal for that. Wierd delay flanged 12 string effects? Different amph models? It's all in there. The cables and unit all fits in the front pocket of my gig bag.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

This is a must have for everybody the Boss TB-4

To Old To Die Young
    Epi Les Paul
    Vox Valvetronix AD 100 vt

Post Thanks / Like

now that's the pedal for me!!

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand
    This is a must have for everybody the Boss TB-4
    I need the more expensive TB-8 model, which has a much wider dynamic range on the SUCK knob....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Slowhand - Your TB-4 illustration is HILARIOUS!! Indeed, I'd be spinning that "talent" knob til' it busted . . . ha ha ha! Then, it's back to the old drawing board - - again.

Yeah, I'd have to be of the same opinion as the Voodooman - the DigiTech Tone driver is one helluva pedal, with buku versatility. Definitely one I couldn't live without. Guitar-wise, everything I plug into it sounds great - Strats, Les Pauls - whatever. Amp-wise, I use it primarily with my Classic 30 and Valve Jr., and that pedal totally loves both of those rigs, esp. the Jr. The morph knob combines settings for an even greater range of tone - something that my *sniff* old Ibanez Tube Screamer didn't *sob* do. Seems I'm getting verclempt ~ ~ talk amongst yourselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    he DigiTech Tone driver is one helluva pedal, with buku versatility. Definitely one I couldn't live without.
    is that a discontinued model?...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast