Thread: Back From Sunny South

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back From Sunny South

Back From 3 Weeks In The Sun , God I Hate Winter , Greeted By About 4 Feet Of Snow In My Driveway, Time To Fire Up The Old Honda And Get To Work On The Driveway,, I See We Have Several New Members , Welcome To All You New Fretters... Gonna Get Caught Up On All The Posts I Missed Later .... 6s9l

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back 6S9L!
    I hope you had a good time, and that your Honda was nice to you despite the fact that you left it in the cold for 3 weeks
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Yo 69SL - Three weeks in the sun? You're one lucky dog, my friend! Good luck with the driveway!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah great time Super..hard to come back and face all this snow..40cm more coming tonight ... i need a rum on the beach mon ..... great to see all the new members round here , looks like the place is a rockin'..

Post Thanks / Like

hey Nelskie hows tricks ...

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome. Playing like a mad fool. My Custom Shop '69's are on the way for my Classic 60's Strat, so I'm nearly giddy with excitement. Hey, drop me an e-mail when you have time.

Post Thanks / Like

Nelskie You are going to love those 69's .. might just be the best of the cs windings , i love em' ,beautifully voiced and soooo glassy ... I had the opportunity to sit in with the house band at the resort what a blast they were all islanders and smokin hot players , we knew lotsa tunes in common but mostly we just jammed ,, ever try to play johnny b goode with a ragae feel , too much especially when you've been quaffing down copius amounts of red stripe and rum all day and burnt to a crisp from the sun..i love the islanders total acceptance of what ever life brings their way ...EVERY LITTLE THING GONNA BE AH RIH.... i bought an amp on ebay for one of the kids that worked at the resort, he lost his mind , got it while i was still there ( less time in purgatory for me ) and i made a friend for life ..... winter sucks ...6S9L

Post Thanks / Like

We had lots of snow here as well. I am really sick and tired of it!
    Would be awesome even with one week in the sun! Only sunburn you get here right now is that coming from the computer screen
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Why is it everywhere but where I live that gets alot of snow? common, whats your secret eh? lol, welcome back 6S9L, thought I hadnt seen posts from you for a while :P

regards

Matt
    Guitars: Squier '51, Fender Classic Player's 60s Strat, Epiphone Dot, Ibanez SA260FM (Bareknuckle Nailbomb/Trilogy Suite p'ups)

Pedals: Fender Pt100, Tech21 Double Drive, BYOC Mighty Mouse, EHX Stereo Pulsar, Boss DD-20

Amp: Blackstar HT-20 Studio, Fender Blues Jr

Post Thanks / Like

Matt, you can have 1 meter of mine, no problemas. Bring your own truck and shovel...

Post Thanks / Like

69SL - Loved your 1:11 PM post. I extend my warmest "back to reality" welcome to you! Did'ja conjure a *new* reggae version of "Dancin' on the Head of a Pin" while you were down there??!! FYI - It's the runaway hit of the winter w/ me and my gang down here in Fargo! No kiddin'!

Matt - We have about 2' of standing snow-pack here in my home town. How about I pack some of it up for you, and ship it to the UK?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back 6s9l, where did you go for the heat?

Lots of snow in Alberta too, but I hear Nova Scotia got it a lot worse.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Jamacia...ochios Rios..beautiful... Robert The Last Time We Talked You Were Going To Sweden To Visit Family , I Hope Everything Turned Out Well .?

Post Thanks / Like

6S9L -Welcome back "home" to Fret Net. I agree with Nelskie, we need to hear a new version of "Dancin' on the Head of a Pin" reggae style.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

6s9l, yes I came back from Sweden on Feb 25th. Read my rant about my horrible return trip in the Open Mic forum... I had a good stay with my dad and it was priceless to have him meet our 2.5 year old daughter.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.