Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Designed to Give You GAS

Thread: Designed to Give You GAS

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Designed to Give You GAS

At one time I was a golf nut and every time a new driver came out I would drool and think it would bring my game to a new level. In the end it was practice, practice, practice as the only true recipe for better playing.

Well, the same applies to all those new guitars, but boy are those ads fun to watch and the mind certainly wanders to visions of improved playing.

There are so many clips out there, this is one I just stumbled on. These things just give you GAS, do these guitar makers know what they are doing to us? ude: ude: ude:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA442Cqzaxk
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    ....These things just give you GAS, do these guitar makers know what they are doing to us?
    Sure, they know! It's contagious, too.....and you're a carrier!!

Unfortunately, even after we buy that fancy VG Strat, most of us still won't sound like Greg Koch. I love that guy--you name it, he can play it!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, he is amazing. He looks like he lost weight maybe? At least since he recorded my SRV licks DVD. That VG does look really, really cool. I especially like the "tunings" knob, because right now, I avoid music in alternate tunings, cause I don't want to deal with it. The tonal options are also cool, and I really like the intuitive approach with the two dials. I think Jim Pfeiffer has compared it favorably to the Variax, and Greenmachine has one I think.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    That VG does look really, really cool. I especially like the "tunings" knob, because right now, I avoid music in alternate tunings, cause I don't want to deal with it. The tonal options are also cool, and I really like the intuitive approach with the two dials
    So, should we put you down for one or two?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL!! maybe one day long down the road. Right now, I have enough options with the Toneport and the stuff I have. Besides, it would be cheating to play with different tunings just with a knob and not learning to do it yourself. ;-)
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

In addition to the videos, I'm sure all of you are getting inundated with the music store catalogs in the mail. I think my wife might be intercepting some of them when she gets home before me, but some of are finding there way into my hands.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

On a related note, anybody in the Burlington, Ontario, Canada area on the 16th. I think (a Fri.night), Greg and Reggie (?) will be at the music centre to demo the VG. Doors open at 7:30 but better get there early. Long and McQuade is associated with this clinic I believe. I'm pretty sure about the date but will double check.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few of Greg Koch's DVD's and they are awesome!! He is an excellent teacher and comedian:
    I am giving serious thought to one of em VG's.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Here is Greg's schedule from Myspace..
    http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm...68&n=Greg+Koch

pes_laul Guest

GAS is like a parasite it latches on to someone And eats until their wallet is empty than jumps from person to person. I wonder if they make like a repellant spray for it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    Here is Greg's schedule from Myspace..
    http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm...68&n=Greg+Koch
    Some of you probably saw this on GuitarPlayerTV.com, but it's worth checking out. This clip shows Greg doing some absolutely ferocious chicken pickin' as well as some simultaneously humorous and impressive LZ licks:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    GAS is like a parasite it latches on to someone And eats until their wallet is empty than jumps from person to person. I wonder if they make like a repellent spray for it?
    They do. On the can in big letters it says JAZZ.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    They do. On the can in big letters it says JAZZ.

Moderately mean but very funny. That's with an emphasys on moderately
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

You know....if I ever got to the point that I was wanting to jam with several different bands/people on a daily basis...one of these VG's and a Cyber Twin (however you spell it!) would probably be the most flexible rigs you could have. I tried out the cyber twin and really liked it compared to the Vox and line six stuff....Hrmmm....

DAMN YOU ALL FOR GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS

Did I tell you I'm robbing Guitar Center in a week...AFTER I steal a box truck?
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LagrangeCalvert
    Did I tell you I'm robbing Guitar Center in a week...AFTER I steal a box truck?
    Dude, we have to teach you to be sneaky. If GC does get robbed you just became suspect #1.

(where do we meet you?)

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.