Thread: For you Washburn guys

Post Thanks / Like

Default For you Washburn guys

I am having a tough time finding any info on an older Washburn acoustic that was given to me as a gift in the late 80's. It's an N series Dreadnought. Plays beautifully and still looks brand new. Inside stamp says "George Washburn D15 N". Just curious if this guitar is still produced or long discontinued. Not much info out there...not even on the Washburn forum.
    Last edited by Radioboy950; November 6th, 2007 at 09:04 AM.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radioboy950
    I am having a tough time finding any info on an older Washburn acoustic that was given to me as a gift in the late 80's. It's an N series Dreadnought. Plays beautifully and still looks brand new. Inside stamp says "George Washburn D15 N". Just curious if this guitar is still produced or long discontinued. Not much info out there...not even on the Washburn forum.
    From what I can tell they stopped making them sometime before 1988. I can't find info regarding materials, but I would guess laminated sides and back with possibly a solid top. The only thing that the model number tells me is it's a natural finish.

Do you have a serial number?
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

RB, the only information I've been able to find on it indicates it's an all laminate guitar, including the top. Unfortunately the Washburn guitar archives only goes back to 1988, so not much help there. How about a few pictures?
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

A few photos...and a number (in the upper body)

Thanks for looking into it.:

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radioboy950
    A few photos...and a number (in the upper body)

Thanks for looking into it.:

Well, it's a 1984 - and Shiner says it's a a laminated. It's not something worth any big sum of money - more sentimental value or a camp fire/knock around guitar.

How does it sound?
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Well, it's a 1984 - and Shiner says it's a a laminated. It's not something worth any big sum of money - more sentimental value or a camp fire/knock around guitar.

How does it sound?
    It has a very nice rich & full sound for a budget guitar, especially with a new set of strings. Very playable. No fret Buzz, and it stays in tune.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow RB, she's a beaut! Like Strum says, you probably won't be able to sell her and retire, but if she sounds half as sweet as she looks, who would want to.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Wheres pike when ya need him